You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Robin's Site Updated..

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So if robin is gone...what kind of time frame can we expect a comment from GNR? Will they wait till a replacment is found?

IMHO it'll be like BH. Just drift off into the unknown until something needs to be official (BBF's first show).

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I don't see why people freak out, he is touring for 2 to 4/5 months with another band, so what?

Doesn't mean a thing but that the guy likes being onstage and may earn a few bucks in doing so, and stays loyal to old friends as well, what on earth is wrong with that now ?

Does it say he is not with Axl any more ?

No, it doesn't.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

I don't see why people freak out, he is touring for 2 to 4/5 months with another band, so what?

Doesn't mean a thing but that the guy likes being onstage and may earn a few bucks in doing so, and stays loyal to old friends as well, what on earth is wrong with that now ?

Does it say he is not with Axl any more ?

No, it doesn't.

The reason people are "freaking out" is because most NIN tours last close to two years.

That puts a Finck related GNR doing something around late 09/early 10.

It doesn't have to say he isn't with Axl anymore. BH didn't say he wasn't with Axl anymore. Is he still in the band?

the_real_jessica

Oh well, maybe he did not, no.

Oh well, none of us know.

We'll see.

To be honest, i am glad i got to see the band in action in Paris, live and got crappy videos of mine as a souvenir.

The music lives on, musicians come and go in bands, that's life, isn't it ?

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

We'll see.

To be honest, i am glad i got to see the band in action in Paris, live and got crappy videos of mine as a souvenir.

that`s not life, that`s bullshit if you ask me. there`s a point when it stops being bearable...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

NIN isnt Hookers N Blow, or X Japan or some gigs with Soul Asylum.

A NIN tour will last for at least 1 year. Maybe 2. Robin won't be free until late 2009-2010. Trent would never agree of loosing his guitar player in the middle of a NIN tour just because Axl wants him back. Trent knows stuff we don't and when he gets Robin back, he knows he can keep him for as long as he want him.

So, we're back with two options:

A) Forget Robin, hire yet another guitarist and tour anyway. You'll be having 2 new guitarists playing the material of the ones who made the album you're about to promote. The average GNR concert goer may not give a shit, but to me that sounds more like a parody of a band rather than a real band.

B) Wait for Robin to finish, release and tour after. That would be 2010.

Conclusion: Disaster.

the_real_jessica

WARose wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

We'll see.

that`s not life, that`s bullshit if you ask me. there`s a point when it stops being bearable...

Well, " some" people need little rehearsing to the songs...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:
WARose wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

We'll see.

Well, " some" people need little rehearsing to the songs...

Judging by the differences between 2002 and 2006, some people needed MORE time to rehearse the songs...

the_real_jessica

I was merely hinting at people who " originally" played the songs...:wtf:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, he actually italicized "thrilled" too.

Board footer