You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR to tour Brazil in 2008??

Mikkamakka wrote:

I guess we can expect an update on the official site telling us not to expect GN'R to play South America. They use gunsnroses.com on a very, very special way: they tell us most of the things that won't happen, but do not tell what will happen. Maybe Axl has more plans about what not to do than what to do.

That's a damn interesting point!  Amazing how this machine works.

Sky Dog wrote:

The problem is they don't do anything that is fan related! They don't release records, they don't do interviews, and they rarely tour. From a fan standpoint, I don't care who their manager is or whether or not someone lost a bike....I only care about new products or shows they are going to do. Everything else is just personal bullshit or business related bullshit. 17

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Del signed a book in LA...i was glad to learn that 22

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

The problem is they don't do anything that is fan related! They don't release records, they don't do interviews, and they rarely tour. From a fan standpoint, I don't care who their manager is or whether or not someone lost a bike....I only care about new products or shows they are going to do. Everything else is just personal bullshit or business related bullshit. 17

Come now, ol' chum.

They release new music in ways that leave NIN and Radiohead to shame, as never before have so many unreleased studio versions and a physical album have been so far between. Axl's the ultimate bad boy from a labels point of view: he spends years crafting tunes which represent a melting pot of the wide array of styles he's picked up during the years, pouring in label money to an excessive degree. When he finally gives the fans a taste, the label is left out of the equation, as (quoting Tom Zutaut) "he was never motivated by money. He consistently put the quality of his artistic output above all." To Axl, money is not an object, and while representing the antithesis of his former self, the eponymous rock star, he shows disregard to the corporate giant which is Universal in ways that would make the late Kurt give an enthusiastic salute.

By rarely giving interviews and communicating mainly through 'inside' posts in you-know-where, Axl invites us to contribute to this strange saga, handing it out as a self-censoring secret, as knowledge only available for those who care. Axl isn't interested in sharing his views of the world, he prefers to communicate with initiates bold enough to stomach the answers. This also explains why he uses his website in an ass-backwards way: GNR never confirm what they do, but they're sure to tell you what they won't do. Sometimes they do it anyway, if only to throw the self-righteous music journalists off balance.

They rarely tour and sometimes Axl learns he should be touring by exploring "the big garbage can", namely the internet. That's just the beauty of it all. Following the UYI world tour, tours have become events, and by now have a life of their own. That's why GNR may actually be 'touring', without the band even being there! Axl cunningly alludes to this by mentioning "GNR (and a typhoon) hit Japan". This is a roundabout way of saying the tours are like a force of nature, which don't really require an actual band in the eye of the storm - they occur anyway. One day you may encounter a tornado or an earthquake in your neighborhood, or you may walk past a venue and notice GNR's playing. Either way, it's a day to remember.

"He's reinvented himself yet again." -Baz

--

Don't tell me it's that hard to grasp. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

nice.........touring and the band may not even be there...:laugh: Spinal Tap Part Deux!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Come now, ol' chum.

They release new music in ways that leave NIN and Radiohead to shame, as never before have so many unreleased studio versions and a physical album have been so far between. Axl's the ultimate bad boy from a labels point of view: he spends years crafting tunes which represent a melting pot of the wide array of styles he's picked up during the years, pouring in label money to an excessive degree. When he finally gives the fans a taste, the label is left out of the equation, as (quoting Tom Zutaut) "he was never motivated by money. He consistently put the quality of his artistic output above all." To Axl, money is not an object, and while representing the antithesis of his former self, the eponymous rock star, he shows disregard to the corporate giant which is Universal in ways that would make the late Kurt give an enthusiastic salute.

By rarely giving interviews and communicating mainly through 'inside' posts in you-know-where, Axl invites us to contribute to this strange saga, handing it out as a self-censoring secret, as knowledge only available for those who care. Axl isn't interested in sharing his views of the world, he prefers to communicate with initiates bold enough to stomach the answers. This also explains why he uses his website in an ass-backwards way: GNR never confirm what they do, but they're sure to tell you what they won't do. Sometimes they do it anyway, if only to throw the self-righteous music journalists off balance.

They rarely tour and sometimes Axl learns he should be touring by exploring "the big garbage can", namely the internet. That's just the beauty of it all. Following the UYI world tour, tours have become events, and by now have a life of their own. That's why GNR may actually be 'touring', without the band even being there! Axl cunningly alludes to this by mentioning "GNR (and a typhoon) hit Japan". This is a roundabout way of saying the tours are like a force of nature, which don't really require an actual band in the eye of the storm - they occur anyway. One day you may encounter a tornado or an earthquake in your neighborhood, or you may walk past a venue and notice GNR's playing. Either way, it's a day to remember.

"He's reinvented himself yet again." -Baz

--

Don't tell me it's that hard to grasp. 16

Haha Karma for that!

Board footer