You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR to tour Brazil in 2008??

James wrote:

According to Brazilian newspaper Folha, some formation of Guns n' Roses will perform live in the South American country later this year. To quote the paper, 'As bandas Red Hot Chili Peppers e Guns N' Roses virão para o Brasil neste ano.' We're assuming that means Anthony Keidis and Co. will play Brazil too. Exact dates and locations for the supposed Gn'R shows have not been announced. The Folha report comes more than four months after they printed a story in which one concert promoter said there were 'good chances' Axl Rose would play there in the third quarter of '˜08. The Brazilian tour plans are just the latest round of rumors surrounding Gn'R. The past month has seen Chinese Democracy supposedly being completed and handed off to the record companies, Rose on the verge of starring in a reality TV show, Gn'R signing with a top management team and Rose thanking Dr. Pepper for their support.

source: Rolling Stone

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

If anyone's been checking HTGTH, HBK has been talking about this for the past few days...  Still waiting for official word, but it looks like it's true... let's hope and pray the album comes out by then.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obviously if this is true, it has serious implications for GNR, or at least the touring lineup. Finck wont be available.

To keep things simple and in the same circle, Fortus should be moved into Finck's slot and Huge brought back in to tour.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

b'ys, I'm available to tour Brazil, pick me!!

There are two possibilities:
1. They've got a replacement lined up.
2. They planned these gigs before they knew Robin was leaving... now they have to cancel.

I'm hoping it's number 1, but I fear it's more likely number 2.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought Huge didn't like to tour. Wouldn't it be easier to just get Ron to play Ron's and Finks parts. Then the rest of the line up would be unchanged.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

2. They planned these gigs before they knew Robin was leaving... now they have to cancel.

Expect this update in the near future if this tour is for real 16

Press Release Source: Universal Music Group
Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform in Brazil
Tuesday May 30, 6:00 am ET
A Message from W. Axl Rose

São Paulo, Brazil--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 30, 2008--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled in Brazil.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Robin Finck and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Robin has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Robin, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in April we got word from Tommy that Robin had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Robin he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do a Brazilian tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Mr. Finck it appears his plans were to Re-Join Nine Inch Nails, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote Trent Reznor's efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Robin every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us in Brazil. The country and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play there for the first time since 2001. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Robin's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Robin's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

If the gig is legit I'd expect a "leak" to coincide with it big_smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Expect this update in the near future if this tour is for real 16

Press Release Source: Universal Music Group
Guns N' Roses Not Able to Perform in Brazil
Tuesday May 30, 6:00 am ET
A Message from W. Axl Rose

São Paulo, Brazil--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 30, 2008--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled in Brazil.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Robin Finck and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Robin has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Robin, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in April we got word from Tommy that Robin had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Robin he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do a Brazilian tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Mr. Finck it appears his plans were to Re-Join Nine Inch Nails, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote Trent Reznor's efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Robin every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us in Brazil. The country and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play there for the first time since 2001. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Robin's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Robin's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

LOL!!!!!!!! AH HA HA HA

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for the records Jarmo is saying that this is false over @ HTGTH

HBK has also pretty much admitted its not true...the promoter he works for is "Trying" to get GnR...he also says they work "far" in advance....so i think this story must be taken with a a huge grain of salt

HBK wrote:

I work Production of events here in chile and talk within the Team for a Future Visit GNR.

HBK wrote:

"Planning" is long-term, does not mean that coming in October, November or December, but everything can happen, at least here in chile.

Jarmo wrote:

This whole thing is made up.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I guess we can expect an update on the official site telling us not to expect GN'R to play South America. They use gunsnroses.com on a very, very special way: they tell us most of the things that won't happen, but do not tell what will happen. Maybe Axl has more plans about what not to do than what to do.

Board footer