You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Question about T.W.A.T. Vocal Parts

monkeychow wrote:

Hey Folks,

Was just thinking about the various leaks of There Was a Time that have been around for a few years.

As i remember it there is:

* A version pre-bucket  (song finishes after robin's solo) and less emphasis of guitar  in 1st verse.
*  A verison  bucket that runs for 6.02
* A version with Buckethead that goes for 6.45
* A version with bucket that goes 6.46 and has futher industral beats added at the start.

Anyway...my question is to do with Axl's parts.

In the first of the versions above he sings the "I would do anything for you" parts at an insane high pitch after the solo (which is of course in this version at the end). In the latter versions I think he sings the same lines after the robin solo and then again at the end of the song.

My question is - are the vocal parts the same? I don't have the leaks here at my desk unfortunately so i can't tell, but I was chatting with someone who says that in the later leaks they are not sung as high as in the first leaks...like its from a different vocal peformance or they've been mixed out. That is - the lines are still there - but not at the freaky (but awesome)  glass smashing pitch they were orginally.

Can anyone who's listened to them all side by side shed any light on this?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Question about T.W.A.T. Vocal Parts

Neemo wrote:

i think they are the same vocal parts..when BH came in 2000ish he did a long outro solo and Axl wanted to put a bit more vocals to flesh it out. but i think a large portion of lyrics are the same take

Board footer