You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Rant Thread

Axlin16 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Since this is the rant thread... I will post a rant.

A big wtf at GNR for not playing any new shit in Vegas. You had a whole month there to set up something new. Like what's the point of hoping in this band carrying the legacy of GNR forward? I went on a long GNR hiatus, still reading on the boards but for whatever reason not listening to any of the music. I just recently re-downloaded UYI I and it's like... I can't believe all that potential they had is ruined.

Sorry some people want to hear new music Axl. hmm. Like if there's going to be no more stuff, can you tell everyone else in the band already so they don't give us false hope about hearing new music?

Yeah it does get samey. Like just blown opportunity after opportunity. Axl admitted during one of the recent Vegas interviews that he was the hold out on CD, waited a long time to write lyrics, then blamed the whole thing on Slash & Duff (huh?). So it was Slash & Duff's fault that Axl in 2005 couldn't write lyrics. Whatever.

But at the same time it was basically an admittance that Axl doesn't feel inspired at all unless he's with a group of guys (Slash/Duff/Izzy/Robin/Bucket) that inspire him to write. Axl apparently doesn't have that now, despite his somewhat decent relationship with DJ.

Either way, Axl's too proud to reunite the Real Guns, and let Slash have some creative control, but at the same time he seems unwilling to move on or write without anybody from that period.

He's a weird mother fucker, and i'm pretty much convinced at this point that the only new music that will exist from them again will be a reunited album that's never ever gonna happen.

I've lost all hope for it. We talk about "well 2013 is the last year"... we've been saying that since 2010. Big deal. Same old same old.

It's a shame. I was actually really looking forward to an Axl/DJ/Tommy-album. axl dj tommy

Intercourse wrote:

Its one of those weeks, my Mam's sister (my favourite aunt) died this morning at 4am after a short but brutal battle with cancer. Nobdy expected this rapid exit.

She had a great life and she was a fucking legend still, looking at how small, old, sad and lost my Mam looked last night actually gave me a pain in my chest.

Old age and decay...I am thinking I won't take part. I think I'll take myself out first. When the doc tells me I'm for the glue factory then its out with a bottle of jack, a bag of green, my GNR vinyls and a glock!

Stacey wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Its one of those weeks, my Mam's sister (my favourite aunt) died this morning at 4am after a short but brutal battle with cancer. Nobdy expected this rapid exit.

She had a great life and she was a fucking legend still, looking at how small, old, sad and lost my Mam looked last night actually gave me a pain in my chest.

Old age and decay...I am thinking I won't take part. I think I'll take myself out first. When the doc tells me I'm for the glue factory then its out with a bottle of jack, a bag of green, my GNR vinyls and a glock!

Sorry to hear, friend. I hope your mother feels better soon, and you of course as well.

PS I have decided not to get old, too. Just not taking myself out with a glock wink

Yeah I don't know how much I want a part of it either. I feel sorry for you Intercourse.

My life hasn't turned out the way I wanted, and although I have faith it still could change, like the situation with GN'R, it fades with every passing year. I've got a sick mother who was probably the biggest champion of Christ, and still constantly gets shit on and nothing ever turns around for her. I try to remain supportive and be there for her, staying postive, but secretly in my heart knowing better.

I'm over it. If that makes me "rigid" in my thinking, i'm rigid. I'm a pretty wise, intelligent, and well-rounded guy. I might as well be a 200-year old compared to my peers. The world degrades everyday, the more technology-driven you get that more mechanical and narcissistic we'll get (I say that typing on a computer right now, lol)... I just have no interest in it.

I don't want alot out of life. Just a couple of things. That's all. Not money, not riches, not popularity. Just a couple things. And it never changes. You hope, you think positive, you pray, you do it ALL. Some things change for the better, in fairness, but not the things you need.

I can't see myself living even another 10 years like this. It's always better to burn out than to fade away, even though I don't really want that either.

Old age just seems like a cruel whore, and once you've came and gotten intellectually enlightened -- what else is there to do? I know it's hard to communicate to you guys on here, because you know "Axlin" or "JR", but you don't know me personally. I'm way more advanced than most in feeling and understanding. Some things that take people 80 years to "get", I got before 30. Some see that as a huge benefit, but like my main man Jerry Cantrell said... "I curse this gift".

Sure it's a gift and I enjoy it, but it's a total curse as well. Think grunge. When you feel that much, almost on an artistic level, you burn out far faster because you seem more evolutionarily advanced to everyone else, and the world itself seems to not understand you and you don't understand it, and neither want much to do with you.

I'm just ranting here, but i'm just saying I agree. I can't see old age as a nice prospect. Not in THIS world.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Side note related to her and what you just said. One time when I was like 4 or 5, my parents took us horseback riding. When they ranch hands were talking to everyone about what kind of horse they wanted, my mom spoke up and LOUDLY said "I want one that's ready for the glue factory!". Needless to say, EVERYONE looked mortified to which my mom replied "Oh ok, like any of you want some spirited asshole horse that's not going to listen or throw you off. Not me!" 16

Your Mum sounds like she was great fun Russ!! Its stuff that like that is so bitter sweet to think back over. You laugh at the memory and feel the wave of sadness when you mull over the loss.

Thanks Stacey for the message. I'm fine with things as they are, life is a cycle and none of us get out alive. Marie, my aunt had a great life, she was a human rights judge and travelled the world; she also smoked 70 filterless cigarettes a day so I'm amazed she got to 71!!!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I find some of the more recent posts a little disturbing to say the least.  Nobody's life turns out like they want it to.  Everybody has disappointments.  Everybody has to deal with the death of a loved one, and believe me I can appreciate the difficulty of this.  That is what life is.  You can't enjoy or appreciate the highs without going through the lows as well.

Stop focusing on the now.  If you're not happy, do something to make things better.  Don't hope for it.  Don't pray for it.  Waiting for things to get better will only increase your disappointment.  Take control of your life.  Don't allow these things around you to control it.  Life is too short to be miserable.  That doesn't mean make it shorter by killing yourself; that means make the most of what you have and always be looking for ways to improve something (anything) in your life.  Take advantage of opportunities that exist around you.  Change the way you're looking at the world because if all you're focused on is the negative, that's all you're going to see and you're going to miss tremendous opportunities that exist around you.

If you allow the negative to consume you, you have little to no chance of being happy.  Don't let that happen.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I will compliment you on trying to be positive, because you make alot of good points... but sometimes even taking control of your life still isn't fulfilling. It just isn't.

It might be rigidity, but sometimes people just have a clear cut decisive line of this and that, and without it they're out. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I certaintly don't see it as invalid thinking.

In other words, just saying "take control of your life" is totally different from it actually happening. Some people just don't have that option. I've actually been a little luckier/blessed that i've been allowed and able to hold on to my sense of self without compromise. Some don't get that luxury, so I certaintly feel for them. I'm allowed to have a soap box, even outside of this board.

But at the same time, that validates the "take control of your life". I know the day I stopped giving a crap what people thought and just took the gloves off, adapted a love or hate attitude and just wore 'me' on my sleeve, i've been ALOT happier and it's glued more and more people to me who see me as a dominate alpha-type. It's also gained me a Nixon-enemies list, but I always had that.

So there is some truth to it, but there are still requirements to life. Just being honest. Any compromise on that would not be being true to myself.

Does that make any sense? So like I took control of my life, and I have it and it's mine, like right out of JR's playbook, but at the same time if I compromise certain things i'm violating that and not being true to myself, and I have to make the decision to not compromise, or to compromise. If I compromise, I lose myself anyways.

It's lose lose. If you die, you're dead, if you give up who you are, you're dead already anyways.

"If I can't be my own..."

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Who doesn't have control of their life?

The only people I can think of are those in prison, mental hospitals, bedridden, etc.

Even then, though, prisoners have the option to do things possible to right their wrongs, make parole, and become a better person on the outside.
Mental health is something that's near and dear to my heart, so I do understand that sometimes, someone may feel like there is no help or no hope for change. But there is. I am living, breathing, ALIVE proof.
Those who are bedridden or handicapped with no mobility also have options. For instance, a friend of Russ' was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. He was quadriplegic at one point, and the doctors told his family that there was no way he was ever going to walk again. Well, 10 years later, Tim drives a handicapped van, he can use his arms, and goes through extensive therapy to re-learn to walk. That is inspiring. And if that isn't an example of changing your life when people say you can't, then I don't know what is.

Anything is possible, friends. Just believe.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I find some of the more recent posts a little disturbing to say the least.  Nobody's life turns out like they want it to.  Everybody has disappointments.  Everybody has to deal with the death of a loved one, and believe me I can appreciate the difficulty of this.  That is what life is.  You can't enjoy or appreciate the highs without going through the lows as well.

Stop focusing on the now.  If you're not happy, do something to make things better.  Don't hope for it.  Don't pray for it.  Waiting for things to get better will only increase your disappointment.  Take control of your life.  Don't allow these things around you to control it.  Life is too short to be miserable.  That doesn't mean make it shorter by killing yourself; that means make the most of what you have and always be looking for ways to improve something (anything) in your life.  Take advantage of opportunities that exist around you.  Change the way you're looking at the world because if all you're focused on is the negative, that's all you're going to see and you're going to miss tremendous opportunities that exist around you.

If you allow the negative to consume you, you have little to no chance of being happy.  Don't let that happen.

That's a great outlook to have buzz, and I totally agree with what you're getting at here.

But, I don't think that's what people were talking about. As I didn't really see anyone complaining about their own life's choices or simply being negative about where their lives were currently.

They were talking about how getting old and dying sucks, or seeing old family members that they care about suffering from an illness, or suffering from their old age, and that being something unfortunate and sad to witness. And that, I totally agree with.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. I mean use the Highlander or vampire-angle. Immortality. Think of the emotions they go through getting attached, then their loved ones dying, while they never age and get older.

That's a hard emotion to deal with, and one that I and probably others have dealt with alot.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Man oh man Axlin, you sound beaten down brother.
Watching a parent go through an evil illness when they have done nothing to deserve such pain is a bastard, I've been there with my own mother but she got through.

My father had an accident two years ago and his short term memory is now gone. He can't drive without my mother to guide him as he gets lost in the town he grew up in (he's 73).

This is a man that can tell you where he was on 5th December 1951 but couldn't remember being at his brothers funeral the week before.

He's frightened, and to hide that fear he's grumpy, putting people down and getting very edgy. The man I worshipped is gone forever and I just have to accept that.

If we were to be brutally honest, nature wants us making babies at 12 and get off the stage at about 40. That was good enough for thousands of years.
We live so well compared to our ancestors we are literally defying nature. If this was 1813, my Dad would be dead about 20 years at this stage and I'd have about 8 years of natural life left.

I am seriously thinking of just reading some of the Dali Lama's books as apparently they help you come to peaceful terms with this kind of shit.

Any body up to speed on his work?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Spilled soda on my keyboard. Tried to dry it with a fan. Now it works but half my keys are melted...typing this with a scissor!

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

ha ha!!!! Polluxlm that made me roar with laughter!

Board footer