You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: Kerrang! says CD in '08

Believe or not, I choose not to 'till Geffen or GN'R announce it -- but, Kerrang! says Geffen has informed THEM. Whatever.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/chinese … _rele.html

Chinese Democracy WILL be released this year

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has finished work on the long-awaited album Chinese Democracy.

The band's label Geffen has confirmed they are in possession of the album - which cost a reported ú6.5 million to make - and are currently fleshing out an agreement with Rose over its release.

Looks like he wanted that free can of Dr Pepper!

---
Thoughts? 17

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

woot.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Normally i'd have no faith in something like kerang. But then the signs are there - the Dr Pepper thing, the new managment, beta saying the album is done, it being more than a year since the tentative date. But then the signs have been there before and nothing has happened. And this doesn't gell well with the robin thing...but it would be cool if it did come out....to be honesy i've waited this long...i cant actually imagine having it now...will be wierd....cool...but strange!

We'll see, I go by the motto, I believe it when I actually see it.   In 2006 all signs pointed to it too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Alot of us have moved to the point where nothing other then an official record label announcement will get us excited.

i have to say, that for me, maybe that won't even be the case anymore....i could easily right now walk past a cd shop...and if it was in the window...not stress about it....maybe go past tomorrow and get it....

whereas two years ago i would have made sure the first copy in the country went to me....i would have begged, borrowed, even stole....just to make sure i had it....

right now....my attitude is a bit blaze towards the whole thing....

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

"C.D. is coming out this year" is kind of like "the world is going to end".  I believe these things will happen but when is anybody's guess and every year someone predicts it will happen "this year".

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Nothing in the body of the artcile says 'It's coming out in 2008'. Only the title of it. (I'm not bashin you BrokenG, I'm talking about Kerrang).

I beleive the album is done, handed in, and being negotiated with Axl. Do I believe it coming out in 2008. Not really, not as of yet at least.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well it says the label and Axl are currently in negotiations, which we already knew. A stalemates a stalemate and until both sides announce a release date and details, it might as well not be finished at all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

A stalemates a stalemate and until both sides announce a release date and details, it might as well not be finished at all.

Karma....cuz thats where my head is at too sad

Board footer