You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com

Neemo wrote:

anyway the whole thing of people using the gnr name to help out their solo stuff is nothing new...so again i dont undestand the sudden animosity toward it...i think the only 3 guys (since 2000) to not try and cash in of their involvement with the guns n roses brand are Robin, Tommy and Pitman

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One thing to say to these CD era members.....

If you aren't willing to mention GNR, don't use the GNR name to promote all the other shit you do. The ONLY reason this guy(and others) gets interviews is because of his/their current status in GNR.

The avoidance of not only the elephant in the room, but also the small fish is completely absurd.

The only two people to show any class during this fiasco are BH and Finck. These other guys follow orders, but they milk the name for whatever money, attention, other projects, etc. they can get out of it.

Its pathetic.

I hear you preaching brother and you speak true.  This shit is fucking pathetic.  I'm so sick of this gag order bullshit.  I don't know why the fuck Axl needs one...what is there to talk about?... a fucking album that has taken a decade and a half to release and has went from "mythical" to "joke"?  Give me a break.

nugdafied wrote:
Neemo wrote:

my point was .... who gives a flying fuck about a richard fortus solo anyway?

Ummmmm.....the guy is a guitarist for this little "band" called GNR. Historically, they're one of the greatest hard rock bands to ever play. There should be plenty of people who care how the guitarist got his inspiration for part of the bands live show. The inability to answer even the most innocent, nonAxl/CD GNR related questions by the "bands" guitarist shows the absurdity of the situation.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

anyway the whole thing of people using the gnr name to help out their solo stuff is nothing new...so again i dont undestand the sudden animosity toward it...i think the only 3 guys (since 2000) to not try and cash in of their involvement with the guns n roses brand are Robin, Tommy and Pitman

It always irked me that they use the GNR name, but Fortus has reached a new low.  When you can't even talk about a dumb solo you did at a show.  It's just plain pathetic.  Just for fun go ask the new Metallica bassist about Metallica's new album.  I've got 10$ that says he won't answer with 'I can't comment'.  If Fortus can't talk about GNR or any other band members then don't use the n¸ame to promote your shows and even worse don't pretend to be a part of that band.  That interview is just further proof that GNR ceased to exist as a band in 1997.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think the only 3 guys (since 2000) to not try and cash in of their involvement with the guns n roses brand are Robin, Tommy and Pitman

Remove Tommy from that sentence, add BH, and you are 100% correct.

Yeah, CD era members have used their GNR status to cash in before, but its reaching new heights. We now have guys who wont even mention anything GNR related, yet want GNR fans to go out and prop up their careers.

Its sad.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think the only 3 guys (since 2000) to not try and cash in of their involvement with the guns n roses brand are Robin, Tommy and Pitman

Remove Tommy from that sentence, add BH, and you are 100% correct.

Yeah, CD era members have used their GNR status to cash in before, but its reaching new heights. We now have guys who wont even mention anything GNR related, yet want GNR fans to go out and prop up their careers.

Its sad.

That's why that if GNR's fanbase had any pride they would boycott those shows.  I can tell you those guys won't make a dime from me.  I don't care about their solo shows cause we wouldn't even know who they are if they hadn't played in Axl's band.  Fuck em!  They are not from GNR anyways.

James

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

That interview is just further proof that GNR ceased to exist as a band in 1997.

I wouldn't go that far, but like I mentioned in a previous post, the realists were right. Not when this type of thing was first mentioned, but in how it has evolved over time.

GNR is Axl with a bunch of session players who use the established name and incredible legacy to feather their own nest, and do it without any consideration or respect towards not just the name itself, but the fanbase that keeps the band alive.

This current lineup is not marketable at any level. You thought a GNR with BH and a "goth freak" in the lineup wasn't marketable?

Welcome to the new reality.

I'm going to say this, and you can chisel it in stone....

This record will never be released with the current lineup. Its just not feasible for the current lineup to promote the album. They have spotty resumes, they think of their solo shit before GNR, their interview skills are laughable, and they each have a track record of lame comments regarding this saga that can be brought up in any interview with a mainstream magazine.

If I can see that, I'm sure the new management can as well.

While it would suck to see him go, if Finck did leave, he actually deserves a pat on the back.

He made it through the ordeal with his integrity still intact, and he never disrespected the name or the fans.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

"Drummer from Guns N' Roses" - that makes me laugh.  Nobody even cares what his name is.

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

"Drummer from Guns N' Roses" - that makes me laugh.  Nobody even cares what his name is.

Actually, its brilliant promotion on their part. Casual fans walking down the street who see that or read it in a newspaper will go check it out to see who it is. They'll think its Adler or Sorum in a new band.

Frank profits from others work and a legacy he had nothing to do with. Easy money. Cha-ching!!

Axl, you need to either do a mass firing or at least give these guys a reality check.

Regardless of lineup changes, I always considered GNR to be a band that you could count on for top notch quality material. Didn't realize it would just become a name that could be exploited for financial gain.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

"no comment"

Board footer