You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com

wow.  this board is getting beyond hateful.   are you guys really fans or do you just enjoy bitching about everything and making stupid speculations about shit you don't know?    the bitterness here is a drag.  byes.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not hateful - but I call things as I see them - and i see it as wierd that he was unable for whatever reason to give a straight answer about a simple thing like why he and robin chose to play a song. Like i said - i can see why he avoided the CD release question and who is in the band, but the dodge of the other question was a surprise.

You don't have to love everything to be a fan. Axl rose is by FAR my favourite front man and singer of all time. No one else comes close. So i'm a fan. But does that mean I have to agree 100% with everything he has ever done in his entire life? Can't I like his music but think maybe he makes the odd mistake in other areas. I mean the guy is only human - i'd expect no less. And in my opinion this stuff with richard stems from the mistake thats being made currently - which is the lack of a recent update about the delay /timeline for CD or if robin is still in the band. It would take seconds to make such a statement and clarrify things and avoid all this. Yet they don't and people like richard are forced to field questions they don't want to or can't answer because of it. The fact that I find that situation silly does not mean I won't love the album when it comes out, or dig Axl when I see him live. I support him as an artist. But I don't feel that extends to a blind football team mentality of agreeing with anything he does/or says/or fails to do regardless of context.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

wow.  this board is getting beyond hateful.   are you guys really fans or do you just enjoy bitching about everything and making stupid speculations about shit you don't know?    the bitterness here is a drag.  byes.

It doesn't bother me that Richard didn't want to / can't comment on GN'R matters, but dude - there's no need to be so hostile towards some people feel differently about it. Let it be.

It's great that you feel so strongly about the new band, and I feel the same way as well, but there's no need to be that way towards people who have different opinions.

Sit back, chill out, and say "live and let die", you know?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

well, not to be hateful too, but:

- dr. pepper issues their promo with chinese democracy
- axl comments the very next day giving a hint about cd being out this year and bucket still on it
- gnr announce new management

so, they build up this very positive feeling and all the fans are there once again after all these years of promises and then:

- robin goes to tour with nin for this year, which means no gnr tour in the close future, no cd release maybe
- richard is interviewed by a guns n roses site because he is a member of the said band and can't even say why he played a guitar solo. he doesn't even say it's personal and he doesn't want to talk about it. he just says "no comment"

as i said build up a good feeling and then we are disappointed once again. that's why we're bitter. "the higher you climb the further you fall" or something like that.
we had very high hopes and then it all went to the shitter. the robin thing would have gone unnoticed if it was not coupled with the other things in gnr world. maybe this switched a lot of people off. maybe it was the drop that filled the glass.

i don't have nothing to say about the situation personally. i'm just disappointed, again.
bravo guns n roses. bravo my favorite band. you're the laughing stock of the music industry.

No one is being hateful.  It's point out some facts that certain GNR fans see nothing wrong with.   The fact that he is being interviewed by a GNR site and can't answer a question about his on solo on stage is just ludicris.    How is talking about your own solo being disrespectful??   That's what the discussion is, no one is asking for a release date or even and ground breaking news but now that it's gotten to this level where a GNR band member can't talk shit about anything even related to what they do on stage is IMO absolutely rediculous.   If Mysteron wants to talk about respect how about having some respect for your goddamn fans.  roll

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

no comment

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No one is being hateful.  It's point out some facts that certain GNR fans see nothing wrong with.   The fact that he is being interviewed by a GNR site and can't answer a question about his on solo on stage is just ludicris.    How is talking about your own solo being disrespectful??   That's what the discussion is, no one is asking for a release date or even and ground breaking news but now that it's gotten to this level where a GNR band member can't talk shit about anything even related to what they do on stage is IMO absolutely rediculous.   If Mysteron wants to talk about respect how about having some respect for your goddamn fans.

If someone can't see the craziness in not being able to talk about a own solo that was done did years ago, I would go as far as saying that person may have a huge problem and need to re-think the whole relationship he/she got with GNR and their band members.

Nothing justifies a "no comment" on a solo song onstage in 2006. Nothing.

"No comment" on Robin's whereabouts or when CD is coming is ok with me.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Maybe he was just being silly when he said " no comment".

For all we know, it coukd have been said with any tone of voice, it is just a transcript, but it is a basic one, so who knows ?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Maybe he was just being silly when he said " no comment".

Hardly think so

Board footer