You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Tommy/Westerberg consider a Replacements reunion

Neemo wrote:

i posted the full interview in the replacemnts thread in the black hole as there are no GnR mentions but i thought this may be ok for gnr speculation....now that Robin is back with NIN...maybe Tommy will decide to tour the reissues with Westerberg, though Westerberg doesnt seem sure if he wants to reunite the band

YOU'VE REUNITED TWICE IN THE STUDIO IN RECENT YEARS. YOU'VE

SURELY RECEIVED A SIZABLE OFFER OR TWO FROM THE PRODUCERS OF

COACHELLA, SO . . .

Stinson: We actually talked about it again this year, and I think there was a consensus that, you know, maybe it wasn't the right time (to reunite), or maybe it is the right time. Paul and I were kind of in cahoots talking to them, talking to (his manager) Darren (Hill). There were some things thrown out, and there were other festivals that wanted it too, if we were going to do it. At the last minute, it just didn't seem like the right thing to do, so we didn't do it. But I think Paul and I have something to offer each other still. I think that's pretty obvious when we get together.

Westerberg: I'm very hesitant about dragging the name out there and what damage we could do to the legend. Whatever we did, someone would want something else. If I went up there straight, they'd want us wasted. If we were f--ked up, they'd want us to be this or that. But, I don't know. The records hold the key to the whole thing. So if I was ever going to play, I'd like to play once the whole shooting match is out, because I don't think I could physically get up there and bellow these 18 songs (from) that first record. That's just sheer youth there. I can't find that in a bottle or a pill. I'm just too creaky for that.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I think we're watching the remains of the old NEW lineup fal apart. Soon all the replacements will have been replaced.

It could be Tommy next.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Unless the new management wants to save money and told the guys that instead of sitting being paid for nothing, they could be free for a certain amount of time and this, without pay, allowing them to work on other projects before coming back when the time is right ?

After all, the album is rumored to be costing an extravagant 12 millions, maybe they want to cut on money from now on until some agreement has been reached between all parties concerned ?

Sky Dog wrote:

The second group of reissues comes out in October I believe. Paul alludes to the fact that he wants everything out before considering a tour. Translation---when Gnr are still doing nothing in October, Tommy will hit the road, Robin will do a second leg of the Nin tour, and we will get another update that newest of the new managers have things "moving along nicely" with the label. It is a never ending spiral of nothingness.:wtf:

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

Oh boy.

If Tommy leaves, the band could be in VERY big trouble. It's all speculation at this point though, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it. However, it IS something that needs to be looked at eventually. While I'm not a fan, I'm also not going to turn a blind eye to the fact that a Replacements reunion would be HUGE, and it could very well keep Tommy busy for a very long time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

and Richard because his original connection to Axl was through Tommy. Tommy leaves and you can really dust off those reunion hats.:laugh:

A Replacements Reunion is not a huge thing, they would get some good alternative festival money and that is about it. It's not like Robin's NIN gig for sure. The Replacement thing could easily be worked in to Gnr's schedule.:)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i just don't see how a long period of nothing could be purposely organized at this time. i am not saying it won't happen i am simply saying i do not beleive axl would tell his band, "hey guys, i am gonna negotiate the album release for a year or two, keep in touch." everybody is leaving or talking about leaving or comitting to other things at a time where a lot of positive thing have happened. negotiations can break down but you don't assume they will and react to that assumption. you plan and you aim for them to go well in your favor. you also don't mess around with band members at this stage in the game. you have to be ready any scenario that can come out of the negotations and the strategic planning of geffen and management.

richard temporarily gone at the very least, a very odd interview with a standoffish fortus who appeared almost not to want to talk about gnr not because of a gag order, and now tommy talking reunion, although seemed more hypothetical.  either certain more marketable guitar players like izzy and bucket will be returning to gnr to tour cd release or the completion of cd is enough for axl and he is planning a complete reunion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As long as Axl wishes to continue GNR can survive the loss of anyone.

It has survived the loss of the iconic and foundational members of the group who made it famous, so it can take this. If you can replace duff, you can replace tommy.

But the question is. WHY.  It makes no sence - everyone says the album is done - yet the band seems to be imploding.

Board footer