You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

^ Funny he says pulling fans into the 21st century. We're already there. He's the one who isn't. Besides, industrial-electronica has not been a sound with impact in rock this century.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

^ Funny he says pulling fans into the 21st century. We're already there. He's the one who isn't. Besides, industrial-electronica has not been a sound with impact in rock this century.

he said that 8 years ago sad

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

he said that 8 years ago sad

I'm aware of that but that sound wasn't even that relevant then. And it's had no impact on music since then, at least rock. Axl seems to have a bad sense of where the industry is going, and tries to hop on trends - but is always too late. I love the songs so it's cool I guess, but I don't think the band is what he wants because of this, and as a result the album keeps getting delayed.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

new email posted from Del at htgth. This is the part that deals with Robin. The other half deals w/ the Slash/Axl at an NYC hotel. That half is posted in that thread. Here's the first part:

Hey, there's all kinds of silliness and speculation floating around on the internet but as far as I know whatever Robin's plans are there are no plans in Guns to rewrite or re-record Robin's parts for the album.
They seem fine whereas before, and this was no fault of Robin's, there were tuning issues that needed to be addressed....

Take care,
Del

Random! As another poster said I think this is a dig at Robin...it doesn't seem usual to me for GNR to elaborate on leaving rumours, so I don't see why Del commented about the tuning issues. The only purpose I can see is to create more silliness on the internet.

I wander if this Robin issue will turn ugly.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Didn't it already? They are releasing an album heavily written by two guitarists that isn't even in the band anymore?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
DCK wrote:

Didn't it already? They are releasing an album heavily written by two guitarists that isn't even in the band anymore?

I kind of meant whether there will be a war of words

But yeah I take your point too, Axl has an album but no musicians

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I kind of meant whether there will be a war of words

But yeah I take your point too, Axl has an album but no musicians

well, Del already took a cheapshot at Robin this past week....i somehow doubt Robin would retaliate back....if the gnr camp issue another "sneaky" dig at him in the near future, i suspect it would be Trent, more than Robin who would say something about it....

Robin just strikes me more as a Mr. Nice Guy, not really wanting to get involved in the politics of it all...

with regards to having an album with no musicians, remember when Axl referred to his idea of wanting to do a "solo album"...back when....Slash also referred to it as Axl's solo album....

that's what it is at the end of the day...his solo project....he is using the GNR name and brand because that gets him a bigger advance for the recording...but now that he's finished with it, he no longer needs anyone, he paid them well enough for their services....

Release your solo album, and then reunite with Slash and Duff, and continue from where you left off....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

that's what it is at the end of the day...his solo project....he is using the GNR name and brand because that gets him a bigger advance for the recording...but now that he's finished with it, he no longer needs anyone, he paid them well enough for their services....

It's not a solo album when he strives on making an album everyone contributed to. Even stupid keyboard players. Im sure even Tommy Stinson's niese contributed. Axl is contradicting himself.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's not a solo album when he strives on making an album everyone contributed to. Even stupid keyboard players. Im sure even Tommy Stinson's niese contributed. Axl is contradicting himself.

its the same type of a solo album that Freddie Mercury or Elton John would do....a massive, over-produced symphony of artists and collaborators....only difference is that Axl comes from a band background, and perhaps feels obliged to give credit where credit is due...

c'mon, you can't honestly think that this is not his solo record....he is 100% in charge of everything....absolutely everything....compositions, guitar solos, riffs, lyrics, melodies, arrangements...touring schedules, artwork...i could go on....

if it was a "real" band, or at least a band in the traditional meaning of the word....it would be a bit more democratic.

but it isn't....making it Axl's project....is the same with Trent...NIN is Trent Reznor's solo masturbation playground....he gives credit to other contributors....but its his effort at the end of the day....solely his...no Trent, no NIN....

Board footer