You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

Well it's good that GNR have answered this. They mentioned the album and addressed the Robin issue even if it's not good news. I wonder if all this silence on Robins part is just to give GNR a taste of their own medicine, in a way I can't blame him but he's got a lot of dedicated fans who want to know if he's still in GNR and I think he does owe them an explanation or some answers.

Hopefully if GNR look to tour at any point in the future Robin will return, whilst it doesn't really matter any more who is in or out, touring CD without the lead guitarist from the album would just be pitiful. I know the situation is pitiful anyway but that would just be the icing on the cake.

IMO when CD gets released the best lineup to tour behind it is the 06 lineup. Perhaps not the lineup that's contributed most to the album but in terms of being digestable to the public, potential new fans and sceptical old fans the 06 lineup has to be the way to go.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Well it's good that GNR have answered this. They mentioned the album and addressed the Robin issue even if it's not good news. I wonder if all this silence on Robins part is just to give GNR a taste of their own medicine, in a way I can't blame him but he's got a lot of dedicated fans who want to know if he's still in GNR and I think he does owe them an explanation or some answers.

Hopefully if GNR look to tour at any point in the future Robin will return, whilst it doesn't really matter any more who is in or out, touring CD without the lead guitarist from the album would just be pitiful. I know the situation is pitiful anyway but that would just be the icing on the cake.

IMO when CD gets released the best lineup to tour behind it is the 06 lineup. Perhaps not the lineup that's contributed most to the album but in terms of being digestable to the public, potential new fans and sceptical old fans the 06 lineup has to be the way to go.

axl
tommy
buckethead
fortus
bumblefoot
brain

would be fine with me

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Don't you find it odd that in the picture of the press release Robin shows his back to us and Axl? ...Without going into speculation 16...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

war wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

axl
tommy
buckethead
fortus
bumblefoot
brain

would be fine with me

Potentially, although I don't see a duo of BH and Ron working well together, they'd constantly be treading on each others toes.

war

war wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
war wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

axl
tommy
buckethead
fortus
bumblefoot
brain

would be fine with me

Potentially, although I don't see a duo of BH and Ron working well together, they'd constantly be treading on each others toes.

i don't know - ron had a lot of rythm parts on the '06 tour,

which were amazing

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Rex wrote:

I remember Robin said something about having a conscience on his website. 

Maybe he is sick of GN'R dicking the fans around.

I think this is pretty close. Also as Mikkimakka said, he could see the landing pad wasn't close. He might figure he's on the album, free to do what he wants. Why keep waiting for negotiations to finish. Besides, he's waited long enough.

war

war wrote:

plus they are playing already written parts that they both have been contributed to the album. it's not like thye will be battling to take over the songs live. bumble would play bumble's parts, bucket would play bucket's parts and robin's parts would be decided before hand.

Sky Dog wrote:

anybody can play Robin's parts.....

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Anybody who doesn't think Mysteron is directly tied to the band is fooling themselves....isn't it funny how that "update" reads like a Mysteron post...no real answers, just stuff we already knew.

Mysteron's been around for a while... at least since 2004, I believe. Since he lived past the Merck situation, he's not a Sanctuary employee I take it. Universal's a more apt choice, as I don't necessarily see him in the promoting side of things, either. But considering how out of the loop they appear to be...

Neemo wrote:

maybe mysteron is Del...thats been suggested before

Mysteron's writing style has a case of open-ended sentences, which have gone on for so long I bet he doesn't even notice them anymore. Never caught them in Del's writings, though I don't know how he posts on msg boards. While I don't think he's Marc Canter either, that guy is an example of someone close enough to get real information without being tied to the band officially.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I bet Mystron is an Axl employee. Jarmo wouldn't let even an insider to tell the fans tidbits about what's going on if he'd have the slightest doubt that Axl doesn't want the info to be shared. Not to mention that Mysteron is always over-supportive and never loses his extreme loyalty. A non-Axl-employee wouldn't act that way.

Board footer