You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Oh fer Pete's sake,

That's just the same as the idiotic propaganda people like Beta and Del have tried to force down people's throats for just a little bit too long. "GNR are infallible, the record will revolutionize the music world, no we don't have to share it with you or anyone else, least of all the crooked record company which constantly tries to compromise Axl's vision. Complaining? Fuckhead, go home!"

At what point did it become a crime to care for this band and become a bit frustrated (not necessarily squarely at Axl, more at the situation as a whole) because the record which we all want to hear just keeps shifting forward into the unknown future?  I mean, it's not like things started to happen yesterday. In '94-'96 the old band worked irregularly over a new studio LP. Based on what I've read, it would've been a toned down effort when compared to the lush and posh of the UYI's, a harder, more straight-forward rock album. Some songs on the first Snakepit album and BLS' Rose-Petalled Garden from Sonic Brew may give some indication on the overall sound. Might not be a too much stretch to describe it as OMG, only a with more bluesy sound. If the band would've gone the VR route by releasing that album and touring as a sort of kiss-off, it would've been easier for people to accept the fact that the gears had shifted. That album would've probably been criticized by now over the lack of Izzy and the perhaps more obsolete musical direction they would've experimented with, but it would've given people something to chew on during the dead years. Imagine that, in '97, a break-up of the UYI lineup after a world tour, with the CD saga beginning.

But no. The CD saga has gone on for a good decade, and if you add up the efforts of the old band, you get 17 years since the previous album. It's sickening to think that we are asked to keep a brave face come what may (while I appreciate the fact that the work has been restarted more than once; 97-'99, '00-'02, '03-), as the years we've spent biding our time as far as GNR's concerned feel no shorter. 17 years without an album, which has been on its way for at least 7 years so far. It's easy to say be cool if one was fortunate enough to be able to drive down to Axl's mansion, sit down with the master of the house and hear the latest tunes. It's also easy to feel sympathy if you know exactly what's going on with the negotiations and the album, if Axl personally puts his faith in you and tells about all the backstage shenanigans.

I'm not overtly obsessed with the wait or the album, mind you, but I have zero respect for someone like Mysteron/Beta/Del who like shout out from the ivory tower that the peasants needs be quiet fer the lieges may not otherwise enjoy their 'Prostitute'.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Great post Sic, I agree 100%

Sky Dog wrote:

Russ, you just need to delete your account there....that is what I did. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Anybody who doesn't think Mysteron is directly tied to the band is fooling themselves....isn't it funny how that "update" reads like a Mysteron post...no real answers, just stuff we already knew.

Mysteron's been around for a while... at least since 2004, I believe. Since he lived past the Merck situation, he's not a Sanctuary employee I take it. Universal's a more apt choice, as I don't necessarily see him in the promoting side of things, either. But considering how out of the loop they appear to be...

Neemo wrote:

maybe mysteron is Del...thats been suggested before

Mysteron's writing style has a case of open-ended sentences, which have gone on for so long I bet he doesn't even notice them anymore. Never caught them in Del's writings, though I don't know how he posts on msg boards. While I don't think he's Marc Canter either, that guy is an example of someone close enough to get real information without being tied to the band officially.

one thing i remember Mysteron posting a couple years ago...he said he was working with the foo fighters for one of their albums...either the dbl disk or the one before that...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

Russ, you just need to delete your account there....that is what I did. 22

are you guys talking about htgth?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Neemo wrote:

one thing i remember Mysteron posting a couple years ago...he said he was working with the foo fighters for one of their albums...either the dbl disk or the one before that...

Hm.

What'll I'll be doing now is listing a few thing Mysteron's shared with the fanbase over the years. Not insinuating anything, but he can't deny them.

- 2004: Tommy's tour dates
- 2004: VR tour dates
- 2006: Hammersmith presales

Tommy was signed to Sanctuary Records at the time, so that information could've feasibly been gotten from Merck, as Mysteron seemed to have a contact with him.

VR tour dates are something Axl's cohorts don't probably send out. VR's on RCA Records, btw.

Hammersmith was, again, probably a Sanctuary/Merck tie-in.

Foo Fighters are on RCA Records.

Axl lost a lot of old friends from Geffen during the '99 merger with Interscope. 'Tis all I'm saying.

A Private Eye wrote:

Great post Sic, I agree 100%

Indeed!!!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No clue, but its strange for him to be in the band a decade and when it looks like the clock is about to finally strike midnight, he throws it away and buys a new clock.

A bit odd isn't it? Doesn't make sense.

Scenario A) He got bored and left
Scenario B) He knows CD won't be out anytime soon (or ever).

I think Mysteron is someone in the Tommy section of the band. He knew all about that tour Tommy did 4 years ago. He is obviously the real deal because Jarmo would have censored him years ago if it wasn't so.

Influence on your website and forum is a tricky thing. I've been there myself. Parts of a specific band pulling me from both sides. In the end I made a decision and went with one of them. In that case it was a pretty easy choice, but whether I liked it or not, my opinions and doings were formed by the band members involved. When the singer or guitarist or whatever comes up to you and tells you "listen, heres what happened and this is what you do" you stop and listen. For me now, it's impossible to give that band member a bad review of his new work. In my case that's also easy because he never puts out bad albums anyway, but just to show how hard it is to please everyone when you're being pulled by very influential people and childhood heroes.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't know if this is a result of the new management but I think they are making a HUGE step in the right direction.  I love their new updates.

Board footer