You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: Rumor: Axl and Slash at same hotel in NYC?

starsko wrote:

This story is legit. Axl and Slash met and talked to each other.

The only problem is that we don't know what was said.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
starsko wrote:

Please elaborate. How do you know its definitely legit?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
starsko wrote:

that's a good question - he kinda said it like he was there and then signed off. i doubt he was and it was his first post on the topic.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
war wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
starsko wrote:

that's a good question - he kinda said it like he was there and then signed off. i doubt he was and it was his first post on the topic.

Starsko seems certain doesnt he. Maybe he is the porter at the hotel? Hmmm, the plot thickens, Starsko what did you spend the $200 tip on?

Seriously though, any info you have is much appreciated. If true this is the news 95% of the GNR fanbase want to hear....

Cmon Axl - release your solo album and swallow your pride....

Thorazine Shuffle
 Rep: 3 

I would be the first one to fully support an original GNR reunion (minus Steven and Matt), but I must admit it would not be as special if Duff and Izzy are not involved.

It's all about money.  I'm sure the VR guys did not make much off libertad, and lets face it, besides some shows, Axls money has been going into CD sice what 02?  03?  That's alot of studio bills. 

There's no telling how much a GNR reunion would be worth and what they've been offered.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I mentioned over on Chinesedemocracy.com the interesting point that you only really need Slash and Axl up there to bill it as a "reunion". Most rock bands have two iconic members - usually the singer and lead guitarist (but not always; for the Chilis it's Flea and Kiedis). The other members can be replaced, but the Stones wouldn't be the Stones without Mick and Keef, Queen isn't Queen without Freddie and Brian, Oasis can still get away with calling themselves Oasis as long as Liam and Noel are there... and GN'R is, in the eyes of the general public, Axl and Slash. Which is ironic, since Izzy was arguably more important to the band than Slash.

I don't think Slash would be willing to simply replace Finck; his ego wouldn't let him step back while Bumblefoot played the November Rain outro, for instance. He wouldn't want to be a mere "employee" of Axl, so he'd want Duff to come along at least.

Axl, for his part, wouldn't want to deal with a united front of the former members of VR, so would want some of his people along to maintain the balance of power within the band. Thinking about it logically...

Duff and Slash join Axl. Izzy declines to get involved in a tour, but agrees to take on songwriting duties on the album, and guests on tour (Slash said, IIRC, that Scott was the major stumbling block to using Izzy's material for Velvet Revolver). Fortus stays on board - he knows the songs, none of his solos would encroach on Slash's, and he has fantastic stage presence. Possibly, Fortus's old mucker Frank stays on board (or Matt comes with Duff and Slash). Dizzy (and Pit(t)man?) stick around on keyboards.

war

war wrote:

i think they could come to an agreement, if this is all legit, to keep bumble on for the shredding parts to the new songs. slash would play slash's parts in the old songs and robin's parts in the new songs. they would split buckethead's parts up. izzy would be rythm and if he declines, fortus would saty onboard, although i already am suspicious about that fortus interview. he seemed more bitter than "respectful" in that last one.

elevendayempire

See, I'd argue that Fortus is capable of playing the Buckethead/Bumblefoot shred parts.

war

war wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

See, I'd argue that Fortus is capable of playing the Buckethead/Bumblefoot shred parts. Probably not capable of writing them, but he could certainly bash out a serviceable version of them onstage.

i do too and that is also feasible. i am responding to what was said about slash not sharing stage with bumble cause of ego.

axl has always wanted three guitarists. slash may be more willing to cooperate right now.

elevendayempire

Yeah... on the three guitarists thing, it struck me that a Fortus/Slash/Kushner line-up might work. Neither of them is in any danger of overshadowing Slash, but Fortus could do all the shredding and Kushner could make the weird experimental noises. And it'd maintain the VR/GN'R balance in the band.

I dunno, I guess I just think Bumblefoot doesn't quite fit as Fortus in a classic-style GN'R. I love the guy - Normal's one of my favourite records - but he doesn't quite have the right vibe.

Board footer