You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Classic Rock just through my door...

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

You're down playing the appeal of GNR and CD imo. There's plenty of fans guilty of over hyping it though, expecting it to reinvent music or something which it clearly won't and there's you saying no one cares about it (perhaps a side product of the recent bad news). I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The media and therefore Joe in the street don't care about the album because there's nothing new to care about. How big an article can you print about it being handed and finished (again)? Hell the last few months we've been struggling for things to discuss CD-wise, if we're struggling the media has no chance to get a story out of it. When there's legit news, a single, a release date I guarantee the attention will be back, not in the biblical proportions some fans may hope but the music world will take interest no doubt.

There should be enough hype to launch the album well what happens from there relies on the quality of music, a big first single is vital, then it's down to the rest of the music on the album. If it can hold its own against the UYI material then it should claw some money back for the label.

Perhaps the argument between band and label is similar to the thoughts of people on the forums, it would certainly be safer money-wise for the label to assume no one cares about CD, leaning on the side of caution will certainly reduce cost of sales. Maybe GNR disagree and feel this album can be a huge seller and just needs a final injection of cash to get a big promotional wheel turning.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

What I find odd also is that despite the recording being done, almost at the final hurdle, Axl still stays silent. Regardless of the 'negotiations' and business, is he not keen to share his enthusiasm for the new album with the world? I mean, its finished and handed in! Maybe I'm just the type of person that likes to see some passion for what people are trying to achieve. If I was at the record company i'd also want some kind of insistence that Axl gets out there and promotes the fuck out of it, after all his charisma has to be one of GNR's only assets

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

isnt this what gnr has been striving for? they didnt want us to talk about or speculate on anything....well guess what...there is pretty much nothing to talk about anymore until something happens ... but unfortunately when there is nothign to talk about people tend to start moving on sad

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

"I think this" ..."I think that"...for fuck's sake I'm tired of talking about it. It is what it is and none of our opinions count for shit. Nobody on this board has one fuckin clue as to what is going to happen with the entire Gnr circus...and that includes yours truly.  :sick:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

"I think this" ..."I think that"...for fuck's sake I'm tired of talking about it. It is what it is and none of our opinions count for shit. Nobody on this board has one fuckin clue as to what is going to happen with the entire Gnr circus...and that includes yours truly.  :sick:

I'd much rather be listening to new music, watching DVDs and reading interviews than scouring forums, believe me. But it seems with GNR thats not an option.

Board footer