You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Classic Rock just through my door...

Scabbie wrote:

Slash and Duff on front cover, article covering the end of the VR tour

Interview with Scott Weiland, who empathises with Axl...

Lots of shit being thrown around but here's an interesting snippet

Question to Scott

Wouldn't an alternative to this heated situation be that you all cool off, do your separate projects and then regroup and see how the land lies?

I think they should get Guns N Roses back together, to tell you the truth. I think that would be the greatest thing that they could do. I think the world would be very happy. If they could stop talking trash about Axl in  the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits there was a possibility but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call. I would love to see that happen, as a Guns n' roses fan. I'd pay to see it.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

I don't think Slash and Duff badmouth Axl to the press really. The odd comment recently about turning up late to gigs and disrespecting fans (in comparison to Scott) isn't a dig, its the truth. Its not like he has learned from past behaviour.

Interesting quote from Scott regarding the possible reunion around the time of the GH. Its always a case of 'what could've been' with this band. Everyone is too damn stubborn and ruled by ego. I'm so close to just giving up on them completely.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If they could stop talking trash about Axl in  the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits there was a possibility but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call. I would love to see that happen, as a Guns n' roses fan. I'd pay to see it.

We now have confirmation that the band has almost reunited at least once.

Now the people who have always said it could/would never happen are eating a bit of crow.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If they could stop talking trash about Axl in  the press. It almost happened. The pens were ready to sign. With the Greatest Hits there was a possibility but there was too much stuff being said. But it was a close call. I would love to see that happen, as a Guns n' roses fan. I'd pay to see it.

Now the people who have always said it could/would never happen are eating a bit of crow.

Agreed, we just need that other 'Welcome to the Jungle Best Of' to come out and we are looking at another possibility of a reunion.... Well heres hoping anyway....!!

I wonder what the obstacles were to it happening? I guess theres just so many that it just fell flat.

Would be great to hear more about this, but no one has ever spoken of it other than Scott. He is right though, apart from about 10 people, the world would be happy if it happened.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

I don't think Slash and Duff badmouth Axl to the press really.

are you serious?
almost every single interview from 97 onwards from those two was about Axl bashing.....they've cooled off recently, so they're a bit more democratic, but they were taking some serious shots at him for years...mind you, so was he, but they were pretty serious...

i'm sure sic. could locate some of the "best" moments from their interviews...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Agreed, we just need that other 'Welcome to the Jungle Best Of' to come out and we are looking at another possibility of a reunion.... Well heres hoping anyway....!!

I wonder what the obstacles were to it happening? I guess theres just so many that it just fell flat.

Would be great to hear more about this, but no one has ever spoken of it other than Scott. He is right though, apart from about 10 people, the world would be happy if it happened.

I'm in a hurry to get to a wedding but here's the other side from the Duff interview

Weiland says you should reform GNR - that 'the pens were ready to sign' the contracts were on the table...'I know he was really paranoid about that and we had to allay his fears at one point, when we were writing for Libertad' says Duff. 'He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then. And Scott freaked out that we were getting GNR back together and we weren't going to make the second record. I don't know where it came from - there was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign..maybe now he's convinced himself thats what happened.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The timetable of this coincides with Buckethead's departure. Maybe he sensed the reunion was gonna take place and just bailed without saying anything.

Four years later, Finck bails under similar circumstances.

Hmmmmm.......

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Weiland says you should reform GNR - that 'the pens were ready to sign' the contracts were on the table...'I know he was really paranoid about that and we had to allay his fears at one point, when we were writing for Libertad' says Duff. 'He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then. And Scott freaked out that we were getting GNR back together and we weren't going to make the second record. I don't know where it came from - there was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign..maybe now he's convinced himself thats what happened.

No reunion. Scott is making things up

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then.

Wasn't Perla, Slash's wife directly involved in VR's management at that point somehow?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree.

I think maybe he's saying this to piss off VR. Cos he knows Slash and Co don't like it when interviews focus
on GNR and not whatever  VR's up to. Either that or he believes it himself, he's doing a lot of drugs, he thinks a drum tech is singing his parts for fuck's sake.

Shame though, as I'd love to see a reunion!

Board footer