You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i had GTA IV and then i saw the complete story on sale for $30...so i bought it and traded in the orig game for $12 or something so i just went for it

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well shit ... for $10 what are you waiting for?!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Both of them are pretty good.

But I got be honest, I thought 'Ballad of Gay Tony' was exceptionally good in both fun and storyline. In someways I wish it had been expanded to a full game.

That's what people tell me. I hear that the Gay Tony one is worth buying it. Hmm, maybe I'll take a second look today.

Gay Tony just seems like somebody actually tried to write a story, like GTAIV. The Lost and the Damned is more gameplay action-driven than story effort. The missions are fun as hell, but storyline mode is virtually forgettable and characters are lifeless, even the lead Johnny. Gay Tony has fun missions, adds new gameplay, new weapons, and still puts together an enjoyable story and new likeable characters.

The saddest party of Lost and the Damned is wasted opportunities. It follows the motorcycle gang in GTAIV, and could've taken a cue from TV's Sons of Anarchy meets Grand Theft Auto and done a really risque story with great missions, but instead just goes for the action button, and almost no drama. It's still worth playing, but kinda disappointing.

Overall, Eps from LC biggest advantage and what leaves it a must for GTAIV fans, is like the film Back To The Future Part II went back and allowed you to re-see the first film through different eyes, Eps from LC does the same with existing side characters from GTAIV, blown into bigger parts. It's the masterstroke of the expansion pack. Just to re-watch and re-play GTAIV from different vantage points was ultra-cool and was brilliant on the part of the gamemakers imho.

Just my two cents

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

finally at the end of this game....i've jsut killed Darko...now Jimmy wants me to go see him..assuming this will be the finale

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yep that's it. Congratulations. Now you've gotta play Episodes From Liberty City, haha!

Stay alpha bro! 22

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

finished the "Deal" ending...pretty cool game...didnt expect that to happen

am gonna do the revenge ending some other day

AtariLegend wrote:

For anyone that remembers the bank raid with packie, one of the brothers keeps saying I haven't seen anything this bad since Belfast.

I think almost more people die during that mission than in the past 40 years here 16.

Board footer