You are not logged in. Please register or login.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

myillusions wrote:
Tommie wrote:

It was in San Andreas, but it wasnt implemented nearly as well.

Thanks.

Before I figured how to use the waypoint system, I'd become so frustrated trying to get to a place on the map. It literally gave me fits....lol.

myillusions

myillusions wrote:

GTA IV smashes sales records

Take-Two proves crime does pay.

By Mike Smith

Take-Two coughed up Grand Theft Auto IV's first-week sales numbers early this morning, and as predicted, they're absolutely huge. The free-roaming crime drama racked up over $500 million in worldwide sales over its first week, setting a new record for interactive entertainment. The previous record holder, Halo 3, "only" mustered about $300 million.

GTA IV's whopping tally corresponds to about six million copies, of which a touch over half were sold on the game's April 29 launch day. In a press release, Take-Two's chairman, Strauss Zelnick, heralded the game's release as "the largest launch in the history of interactive entertainment" and went on to claim it has surpassed any movie or music launch to date.

We're not going to argue. Iron Man's May 2 launch, heralded as a tremendous success, sucked up about 100 million of our hard-earned dollars over the weekend, and even current box-office kingpin Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End sailed away with a mere $142 million. Even though GTA IV's producer, Leslie Benzies, was recently quoted in The Times estimating the game cost approximately $100 million to develop -- making it the most expensive game ever made -- today's announcement should put a smile on the face of every Take-Two employee.

Source: http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo. … ds/1210669

myillusions

myillusions wrote:

Question. When you press the START button and go into STATS, there is something called "Replays used".

What is this exactly? Can you go back and watch a mission you just played?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
myillusions wrote:

Question. When you press the START button and go into STATS, there is something called "Replays used".

What is this exactly? Can you go back and watch a mission you just played?

I think it's the amount of times you had to replay a mission.

myillusions

myillusions wrote:
Rex wrote:

I think it's the amount of times you had to replay a mission.

I've had to replay certain missions over again many times but my "Replays used" shows 0.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Haven't rented it yet, but while at a friend's house yesterday, they were playing it there(on 360). I played it for about 30 minutes. Only attempted one mission, and just drove around fucking around. Its a great game like all the previous GTAs. They made a few minor tweaks on it that weren't really necessary.

Playing it didn't really make me interested in going to rent it immediately though.

They'll never top Vice City anyways.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I got my copy of GTA IV for Xbox 360 a week ago, I totally love it. So far, I'm 40% done. This GTA game has the best characters and storyline out of the series so far.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

myillusions

myillusions wrote:

As of today, I'm 47.94% complete.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633