You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

Tommie wrote:

Somebody just emailed me this webpage.  Its a christian video game site.  It has reviews of christian games and "secular, non christian games".  Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

5.6.2008: (Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) Grand Theft Auto IV is a game designed to brain-wash players into the Atheist worldview. In it you play Nick, an immigrant recently arrived to Liberty City (a copy of New York City) who is tasked with stealing cars and murdering prostitutes. Nick came from a former Communist country where he was brought up in Godlessness and so he sees no problem stealing and murdering. The game touts its ability to let you "go anywhere and do anything you want", the central philosophy of Atheism. It also teaches how to escape from police, instilling in the player the main motivation behind Atheism: avoidance of authority. The underlying game engine is called "RAGE", which is apt since the game is fueled by anger at God. It also uses something called "Euphoria" which treats humans as "rag dolls" who act only in accordance to physics, which is what Atheistic Materialism teaches. The game series (as the title notes, this is the fourth game) has already resulted in murders in real life. This game has no redeemable qualities. Needless to say, all Christians should avoid this game and pray for the people who made it and their victims (murder victims and gamers of all ages who have played it and have been spiritually scarred). ZERO CROSSES

http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/gaming.html#mgs4

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Somebody just emailed me this webpage.  Its a christian video game site.  It has reviews of christian games and "secular, non christian games".  Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

5.6.2008: (Note: I have not played this game since it is rated "M" and isn't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.) Grand Theft Auto IV is a game designed to brain-wash players into the Atheist worldview. In it you play Nick, an immigrant recently arrived to Liberty City (a copy of New York City) who is tasked with stealing cars and murdering prostitutes. Nick came from a former Communist country where he was brought up in Godlessness and so he sees no problem stealing and murdering. The game touts its ability to let you "go anywhere and do anything you want", the central philosophy of Atheism. It also teaches how to escape from police, instilling in the player the main motivation behind Atheism: avoidance of authority. The underlying game engine is called "RAGE", which is apt since the game is fueled by anger at God. It also uses something called "Euphoria" which treats humans as "rag dolls" who act only in accordance to physics, which is what Atheistic Materialism teaches. The game series (as the title notes, this is the fourth game) has already resulted in murders in real life. This game has no redeemable qualities. Needless to say, all Christians should avoid this game and pray for the people who made it and their victims (murder victims and gamers of all ages who have played it and have been spiritually scarred). ZERO CROSSES

http://objectiveministries.org/zounds/gaming.html#mgs4

Hahahaha!  That is some funny shit!

I was looking through that site, and it's gotta be satire.  Nobody could be saying that stuff seriously, right?  I'm just gonna believe that it's all satire, because if that's all serious, it's scary.

and btw, I got the 100% completion acheivement the other day.  I had a lot of time to run around killing pigeons when I was off sick from work. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if that Christian stuff is satire.

But then again... I have met people THAT stupid.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

some funny dialog in this game just got my first mission for Vlad...i know i'm pretty behind on the whole thing 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

dimitri had me kill faustin yesterday....does it matter whether or not you kill these pricks? i let the first guy go and then killed the second

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

If I remember correctly it has no real impact on the main storyline.  All it does is make it so that you get a random encounter later on in the game.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

just finished robbing the band with Packie and his brother

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah thats the one i have....still working through the orig game though

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Both of them are pretty good.

But I got be honest, I thought 'Ballad of Gay Tony' was exceptionally good in both fun and storyline. In someways I wish it had been expanded to a full game.

Board footer