You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The GNR/Chinese Democracy Frustration Thread

Neemo wrote:

I work for an Architectural Firm My Title is Architectural Technologist/Coordinator... I am responsible for 5-10 projects at a time ranging from houses to high rise condominium projects to office buildings to schools, I report directly to the architect, it keeps me super busy and sometimes its pretty cool, the things i get to see and design but alot of the time its just Drawing on CAD, doing paperwork and making phone calls...which isnt really all that exciting 16 Last week i got to selet all the toilets and sinks at a daycare project i'm working on big_smile that was cool cuz i got to spend like $20,000 which wasnt mine

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its kinda funny and sad that our most active threads at the moment in the GnR section are talking alot about the Mats, NIN, Soul Asylum, Slash, Velvet Revolver, STP, people's persoanl careers

man, we need some GnR news desperately 17

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No album since 2002. There are no excuses. Axl is the first to admit it. He knows.

I don't expect shit this year. They keep saying this and that but it's only to maintain somewhat of a hype..whatever that is atm. They don't even have a full band.

Buckethead, with all his weirdness, was the best guitar player GNR ever had. I had forgotten how good his solo on Madagascar was and let's not forget Knocking on heavens door..he turned that song into one of my fave GNR songs they did live...the solo is nothing but brilliant. I never liked that song until BH came and did it.

The TWAT solo is nothing but brilliant. Without it it's not the same song. Robin got some good solos..but they're just that..good. A Buckethead solo is brilliant. He MAKES TWAT what it is.

Sky Dog wrote:

as the late great Vanilla Ice said..."word to ya motha".:haha:

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

He MAKES TWAT what it is.

i had to read that part twice 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

DCK wrote:

No album since 2002.

Um... was there an album in 2002? I kind of remember no album since 91 or maybe 93.

I prefer Robin's work to BH's. You guys know that. I don't think BH was vital for GN'R, in fact I think he was very much underused. If it could be done again, back in 00-04, I'd have finished the CD that was largely Axls, Robins, Tommys and Pauls up with those BH solos and then done, very quickly (because BH works very quickly) a BH-Axl dominated album that took the name in new direction. Because although BH's presence is on almost every leak, it's always in hindsight. To trun one of his songs into GNR songs may have been cooler than bringing him material to 'make better'.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Um... was there an album in 2002? I kind of remember no album since 91 or maybe 93.

Of course not but 2002 should have been the year it was out.  Since 2002 we have been waiting for an album that was supposed to be for immediate release.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, according to Geffen Axl promised the new Gnr album by March 1st 1999.

" In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, see Hoffman Decl. Ex. A, Axl Rose agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. ":peace:

DCK

DCK wrote:

Well in my world it doesnt count. I started following very closely in 98 and expected it to take some time. But not 10 years.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's been so long waiting for this album, younggunner just started puberty when
recording started, now he's doing AARP commercials sad

Board footer