You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The GNR/Chinese Democracy Frustration Thread

James wrote:

GNR had this for four years......

....and four years later, still couldn't get one record out.

and Bumblefoot and Frank are supposed to make a difference?

Don't make me laugh.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Buckethead's one of the greatest guitarists to ever walk the earth. Fact. His leaving was the most devastating loss nuGN'R has ever faced. Forget Bucket's playing still being on some songs, Bucket's playing IS Chinese Democracy.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

I understand the level of Buckethead praise on here, but come on...do we really need another topic about how great he is and how Axl losing him killed the band? Give me a break. I love Buckethead but the even the biggest new GN'R fan has to admit the band was tighter than ever in 2006-2007.

Isn't this section for topics that concern "the current GN'R"? I'm trying not to pry on anyone, but this would be more of a 2004 type topic, than a 2008 one.

I'll leave now. sad

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If we only knew what 'current GN'R' were.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

polluxlm wrote:

If we only knew what 'current GN'R' were.

We do, however know for fact that Bucket isn't currently in it. tongue

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Do we really? 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Isn't this section for topics that concern "the current GN'R"? I'm trying not to pry on anyone, but this would be more of a 2004 type topic, than a 2008 one.

The album is in a state of flux in 08 just like it was in 04.

The "current" GNR music you listen to includes material played by Buckethead.

He is certainly a relevant topic, unless you only like music from the 87-93 era, Oh My God, or the 99 demos.

Besides, its a frustration thread. Just because I started it off with BH doesn't mean its a BH thread.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok i'll bite.

I'm fucking frustrated.

Why? Because they keep saying/implying the album is finished, yet we get no progress.

My views are this:

1. I wouldn't be expecting anything - except that people (like baz) said it exists and is awesome. So don't give me the "better to wait for jesus" and the stuff about not owing me anything. Its not about owing. Its about saying you have something or are going to do someting. then actually delivering on it. But i'm ok with a wait for something cool - if i wasnt i wouldnt have been here since the old band.

2. I was ok with delays and waits for the years its taking being recorded. why - cos i can understand creative bockages. Like merk said about the muse. I can understand maybe axl only had 2 days of work left but it took years to get in a frame of mind to do that. Whatever. Its artsy stuff - so I'm cool with that.

But what fucks me off - is that beta and everyone else keeps saying its done and that its all a business hold up. Now i used to be a lawyer and theres only so long I can let that excuse wash. The reality is any issue can be bargined and settled eventually. I think if the delay goes on into 2009 then we desrve some explaniation into the nature of the wait. Is it copyright clearance? Dispute over royalities? Paycheck issues?
It's maddening to just keep saying the album is done, then nothing happens and theres no reasons given as to why. Give me a real reason and i'll wait a lifetime...but at least give us that, even if we can't be given the album.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Well, I didn't know you were a lawyer, that's pretty cool. I'm a journalist and sometimes I fancy myself a horror director. I've actually gone back to school to be a school teacher. I figure I can continue to do my writings whether it be articles or scripts as I at least get a steady pay. This freelance shit is killing me.

I'm so frustrated with CD I'd rather talk about this. Anyone else have a cool job they're hiding behind their online anonymity? What do you do, James?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting. I gave up being a lawyer a few years ago as I hate it big time. Now i'm looking for a way to earn some cash doing things I'm actually interested in. Given my interests are guitar and movies it makes it a bit hard. I'm putting together a band in my spare time, but its not easy to earn a living that way, so looks like i'll be working some dead end jobs while I work out what to do with my life!

Board footer