You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: Weiland identifies with Axl - RollingStone

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=96131

RollingStone.com: Did that call from Dean come at a time when things were already falling apart with VELVET REVOLVER?

Weiland: No, things at that time were working quite well with VELVET REVOLVER and I didn't want to mention it to them until there was a plan and a couple gigs that were actually booked. Slash and I were usually the ones who talked to each other first about things, then we'd go to the rest of the guys. And, unfortunately because of certain people's egos, it'¦ I walked into a situation where there was a lot of baggage. I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great GUNS N' ROSES stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with VELVET REVOLVER now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. It's like, why does it always have to be the lead singer. Matt Sorum in front of my face, he was the sweetest guy in the world. But there were some times, out of the blue, the guy just randomly hated me. We all carried our own baggage in that band. In a sense, that's why people were intrigued, you know, especially for the first couple of years. Because they were kind of waiting on the trainwreck to happen. They just thought it would happen a lot sooner.

---
All I know is an STP/GN'R tour would be beyond godly. I'm glad he sort of identifies with the braided one.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeeeaaahhh...NOW he say's he identifies with Axl. If you asked him 2 years ago he would be strangling you before u could say the name "Axl Rose" for even bringing him up.

Exactly!   NOW he "identifies" with Axl and yet he was calling him a fat bald man a couple years ago and dressing up like him on Halloween.  I really can't give this man the time of day to listen to what he has to say now.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He may have a point here and there but he just comes off as a hypocrite.

That's what I dislike the most about the musicians. They just roll with the punches. Like Weiland here...he was scared stiff of any comparison to GNR and Axl while in VR and refused to even touch the subjects in interviews, being a real primadonna. The he gets fired/quits and suddenly he openly speaks of how he identifies with Axl. Because that's what works for him right now.

So, whatever comes out a musicians mouth most of the time can never be trusted for shit. It's lies on top of lies and they lie to make them look good, to make more money, to create hype. I'm not falling for any of it.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

I don't believe anything Scott says. He'll blame anyone but himself for everything. I remember a time where Scott made fun of Axl on stage during VR's touring. Now he sides with Axl? Give me a break.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

All those drugs over the years have made Scott a blithering idiot. Why anyone gives him the time of day is beyond me.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Exactly!   NOW he "identifies" with Axl and yet he was calling him a fat bald man a couple years ago and dressing up like him on Halloween.  I really can't give this man the time of day to listen to what he has to say now.

That Axl costume was pretty fantastic though.

He actually called the rest of the guys "lead singer haters" during that interview on Stern too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well considering the treatment that Slash admitted that they gave scott at the end i can kinda see his point...

as fo rhim identifying with Axl...i'm sure he meant it as hes seen the not so nice side of what GnR politics may have been like. and as far as Him making fun of axl and stuff....he was sticking up for his bandmates cant fault him for it

Neemo wrote:

well considering the treatment that Slash admitted that they gave scott at the end i can kinda see his point...

as fo rhim identifying with Axl...i'm sure he meant it as hes seen the not so nice side of what GnR politics may have been like. and as far as Him making fun of axl and stuff....he was sticking up for his bandmates cant fault him for it

Yeah but you look really stupid for doing that and then saying that now you feel like you can identify with a man you publicly slandered and attacked and not even apologize for it or say I know I've been not to nice to him but......

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Yeah but you look really stupid for doing that and then saying that now you feel like you can identify with a man you publicly slandered and attacked and not even apologize for it or say I know I've been not to nice to him but......

That was when everything was all rosy with him and VR. He didn't know how they were gonna start treating him and by the end of it they were giving him the cold shoulder whilst still pretending to be his friend. When they decided to boot him they should have said they wanted to finish the tour but after that wanted a new singer with a different style good luck with STP etc. Instead the alienated him from the rest of the group. Both sides are at fault just like both sides were at fault when GN'R split.

Board footer