You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Weiland identifies with Axl - RollingStone

Bono wrote:

This is nothing and in fact it makes sense that he'd say these things. he was in Axl's position. Of course he can now relate to Axl. When he made his lame comments regarding Axl he was at the time defending his current bandmebers. Nothing in this "clip" is hypocritical at all. It makes perfect sense to me. Is it Axl's fault Gn'R broke up? probably but maybe not. Scott can relate to that now. before he couldn't. What's the big deal? I don't  see how anything said here can be looked at as the ramblings of a crazy drug addict.

I never said it was the ramblings of a crazy drug addict.  All I am saying is whether or not he was defending his bandmates, if you are going to relate to the man atleast be like yeah I was hard on the guy but now I see where he was coming from.

Bono

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well considering the treatment that Slash admitted that they gave scott at the end i can kinda see his point...

as fo rhim identifying with Axl...i'm sure he meant it as hes seen the not so nice side of what GnR politics may have been like. and as far as Him making fun of axl and stuff....he was sticking up for his bandmates cant fault him for it

Yeah but you look really stupid for doing that and then saying that now you feel like you can identify with a man you publicly slandered and attacked and not even apologize for it or say I know I've been not to nice to him but......

he doesn't look stupid at all. Back then he was new to VR, new to the cricus of Gn'R and he was simply sticking up for his bandmates. He looked stupid for commenting about Axl the way he did back then but none of that has anything to do with his comments now. they dont' even remotely go hand in hand. Back then he didn't know. Now he has an inside view of what it may  have been for Axl with Gn'R because he more than anyone has experienced what it was like to work with "Gn'R" as a lead singer. I dont' see how anything said before by Scott and anything said by him now even relates. It'd be like me bitching about college my first year and then having different view 4 years in.  Things change, people learn, people experience things and opinions changed.

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well considering the treatment that Slash admitted that they gave scott at the end i can kinda see his point...

as fo rhim identifying with Axl...i'm sure he meant it as hes seen the not so nice side of what GnR politics may have been like. and as far as Him making fun of axl and stuff....he was sticking up for his bandmates cant fault him for it

Yeah but you look really stupid for doing that and then saying that now you feel like you can identify with a man you publicly slandered and attacked and not even apologize for it or say I know I've been not to nice to him but......

he doesn't look stupid at all. Back then he was new to VR, new to the cricus of Gn'R and he was simply sticking up for his bandmates. He looked stupid for commenting about Axl the way he did back then but none of that has anything to do with his comments now. they dont' even remotely go hand in hand. Back then he didn't know. Now he has an inside view of what it may  have been for Axl with Gn'R because he more than anyone has experienced what it was like to work with "Gn'R" as a lead singer. I dont' see how anything said before by Scott and anything said by him now even relates. It'd be like me bitching about college my first year and then having different view 4 years in.  Things change, people learn, people experience things and opinions changed.

Well if you were Axl and you read this I am sure he said say "oh sure, a couple years ago you were calling me a fat bastard, now you see where I am coming from" roll     How is it that it's all their fault and none of it is Weilands fault.   People have left GNR I didn't hear anyone saying, see I can see how Slash left.
Please, it's easy shot for him to take at all of them in the press.   I for one don't believe it's history repeating itself, then you'd have to say that about BH, Paul Hughes, Robin Finck, they all left GNR as Slash and Duff did.

Bono

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I never said it was the ramblings of a crazy drug addict.  All I am saying is whether or not he was defending his bandmates, if you are going to relate to the man atleast be like yeah I was hard on the guy but now I see where he was coming from.

I never even remotely came close to saying you said that. But to your point that he should apologize for his comments before to make his new comments more legit, I don't think so.  Who cares what he said before. Doesn't make what he's saying now any less valid. the things he said before had nothing to do with what he's talking about now. Being fat and bald dont' relate to working condidtions within Gn'R so its a non issue as far as I'm concerend.

Bono

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Well if you were Axl and you read this I am sure he said say "oh sure, a couple years ago you were calling me a fat bastard, now you see where I am coming from" roll     How is it that it's all their fault and none of it is Weilands fault.   People have left GNR I didn't hear anyone saying, see I can see how Slash left.
Please, it's easy shot for him to take at all of them in the press.   I for one don't believe it's history repeating itself, then you'd have to say that about BH, Paul Hughes, Robin Finck, they all left GNR as Slash and Duff did.

No actually if I were Axl I'd probably be like "Well now he sees what I saw" if that's in fact what's going on. Again being fat nd bald have nothing to do with it and those commenst were irelevat to begin with so why are they relevant now?  They were made by a guy who felt threatend and was trying to defend himself and his bandmates. Poorly done yes, but completely irrelevant to what's  being said now.  As for guys saying "I can see why Slash left". I dont' need that to convince myself that Axl's a pain in the ass to work with. Too many guys have come and gone. that in itself says enough for me to believe Axl was the main ingrediant for Gn'R breaking up. The overwhelming ingrediant for it.

It just seems funny to me that Slash and Duff say the  things  about Scott and everyone buys it no questions asked, yet when they said things about Axl everyone is like "Oh no it can't be, Axl is the man he's not the reason there's gotta be more to it" haha Scott is the only reason yet Axl gets  a pass cause people like his voice.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This is exact same situation as GN'R. Singer maybe the overwhelming factor but there's two sides to this story and the fact they gave him the cold shoulder proves that.

Bono wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I never even remotely came close to saying you said that. But to your point that he should apologize for his comments before to make his new comments more legit, I don't think so.  Who cares what he said before. Doesn't make what he's saying now any less valid. the things he said before had nothing to do with what he's talking about now. Being fat and bald dont' relate to working condidtions within Gn'R so its a non issue as far as I'm concerend.

As far as I am concerned, I don't think his statements make the theory true that it was all Slash and Duff that caused the break up of GNR.    Band's break up it happens, people don't get along after awhile and maybe they felt they didn't want to deal with another "Axl type".    After all this time with the CD saga and how you have said yourself Axl act's in your past rants, you can't possibly believe that the conditions of working with GNR [slash and duff] is what broke up the band back then and Axl like Weiland had no fault in it?   That's bascially what Weiland is saying here.  Besides, this statement is just another shot at VR, no more no less and it's definitely a bit fucked up after all he's said about the man, regardless of it being a few years ago and he's defending his bandmates.

At least VR made a go of it and produced 2 albums when they were together.    I never felt Weiland was the perfect fit for them anyway.

Axl S wrote:

This is exact same situation as GN'R. Singer maybe the overwhelming factor but there's two sides to this story and the fact they gave him the cold shoulder proves that.

Sure there's two sides, but then you can say that every guitarist that left Axl is the same as Slash leaving and for the same reasons.

If that's the case you can say it's the same shit all around.   I guess people just can't work with either of them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer