You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Weiland identifies with Axl - RollingStone

Seven wrote:

Getting to know you....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Band's break up it happens, people don't get along after awhile and maybe they felt they didn't want to deal with another "Axl type".

Exactly. I mean why would slash and duff put up with lateness and cancallations and those issues. If there were going to put up with that - then they might as well do it in GNR.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Seven wrote:

Getting to know you....

Huh?

Reach.....for the abstract...

A reference to the lyric in the King and I perhaps?

Their separate ways have shown sides of everyone previously unknown...thats all it meant... sorry will try not to be so vague in the future... Time to go vote....Can't  help on clarification there...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

slash and duff had a part in the break up gnr

if you want to blame axl alone then you need to give him alone credit for a couple of albums titled USE YOUR ILLUSIONS cause they were axl's vision and it was axl's vision that slash didn't agree with and that was a big factor in the breakup which started with the recording of these albums when axl took over creative control.

these guys party before and after their shows when they are on tour. going on stage late had nothing to do with the break up of the band regardless of what slash says.

axl had a part in the break up of gnr as well. we all know that.

they all were responsible i believe.

like dtj said, bands break up up. and when they get that big they implode.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

if you want to blame axl alone then you need to give him alone credit for a couple of albums titled USE YOUR ILLUSIONS cause they were axl's vision and it was axl's vision that slash didn't agree with and that was a big factor in the breakup which started with the recording of these albums when axl took over creative control.

Wrong.  Very, very wrong.  The illusions album were not Axl's vision.  They were a mish mosh of everybody's vision.  Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff all had songs on there of their choosing.  It was done in an effort to keep the peace and keep all sides as happy as possible.  Obviously it didn't work, but if you think the Illusions albums were all Axl's vision, you need to go back and listen to them again.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

Wrong.  Very, very wrong.  The illusions album were not Axl's vision.  They were a mish mosh of everybody's vision.  Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Duff all had songs on there of their choosing.  It was done in an effort to keep the peace and keep all sides as happy as possible.  Obviously it didn't work, but if you think the Illusions albums were all Axl's vision, you need to go back and listen to them again.

the only mish mosh was appetite

i am not saying axl wrote every song cause that isn't true. i am saying he had a dominant role in the making of the album and implimented his vision into the songs.

you need to go back and listen to the interviews i think

a lot of this is according to slash himself

he said at one point axl was telling him how to bend a note while he played it to him over the phone

oh and listening to the music proves my point not yours

tell me how much piano was in appetite?

ok good

war

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

Anyone doubting what buzz is saying here can reference the Eddie Trunk interview to hear Axl say this for himself.

already did and it's not as relevant as my reasoning IMO

Board footer