You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Official Leaks Guide

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well, I doubt the entire 97-99 sessions sucked completely. We have CITR as an example of something GNR worthy.

i dont think CITR is anything special...i dunno it has never really done anythign for me

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

hey how come I don't get credit for leaking Catcher in the Rye to the forums?? What up with that? 16   I'm not the official, official leaker but I am the forum leaker. I can tell you how it went down cause I did it.  Give me credit. Give it to me now  DAMNIT!!! 16

I almost brought up you and the CITR incident, but saw you online earlier, and thought it would be much better if you told it.:haha:

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Well, I doubt the entire 97-99 sessions sucked completely. We have CITR as an example of something GNR worthy.

i dont think CITR is anything special...i dunno it has never really done anythign for me

Lyrically its a brilliant track. Musically its very weak. Too much REO Speedwagon influence floating through that track for my tastes.

I have always thought this track would be greatly improved rerecorded by the 2001 lineup. Finck on lead with BH playing an acoustic guitar would really make this track shine.

I doubt the track is ever released. Axl was very nonchalant about it on the Trunk show.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Lyrically its a brilliant track. Musically its very weak. Too much REO Speedwagon influence floating through that track for my tastes.

I have always thought this track would be greatly improved rerecorded by the 2001 lineup. Finck on lead with BH playing an acoustic guitar would really make this track shine.

I doubt the track is ever released. Axl was very nonchalant about it on the Trunk show.

prolly cuz the quality is so poor he was ashamed that that version was released...anyway i always got the feeling that the song was much improved or changed so thats why all the hush hush about it

i didnt know you were involved with the CITR leak bono ... lok at that you learn something new every day 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

There is a really low quality demo of IRS, it was the very first circulating one - is that the Piazza/Trunk one?   It's really shit quality though.

As for TWAT I have 4 versions.  I have the 1999 version, plus MSL's version, plus a shortened version of the song plus another full version.  I also have these last two short and long versions as instrumentals as well. 

There are also IRS and Better instrumentals.

Wasn't that short clip from Razz called Checkmate?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Its one thing that makes me wonder about the supposed albums and albums worth of A+ material. Why is it always the same songs we seem to hear both live and in leak form. I guess live could be because those are the ones that leaked so why not play them. But I mean if there's so many other awesome tracks around..why is it always IRS that escapes into the wild...

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Its one thing that makes me wonder about the supposed albums and albums worth of A+ material. Why is it always the same songs we seem to hear both live and in leak form. I guess live could be because those are the ones that leaked so why not play them. But I mean if there's so many other awesome tracks around..why is it always IRS that escapes into the wild...

I never believed the whole 'ton of A list material' bullshit. Like you said, if it were true, IRS wouldn't keep popping up for 10 years. The song has obviously always been thought of as a strong track in the vault.

Which isn't a good sign.

During the wait for UYI, Crash Diet wasn't talked about for years. NR, Estranged, etc. were the tracks always mentioned.

It doesn't really matter anyways I guess. We know its likely to have a few average rockers on it, so IRS might as well make the cut.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

IMO the final version of IRS will be a strong track and it gets more positive feedback on youtube then a lot of the other leaks that are more finished.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

IMO the final version of IRS will be a strong track and it gets more positive feedback on youtube then a lot of the other leaks that are more finished.

more finished? whats that mean...IRS is about as finished as it is gonna get i think...infact its a bit overbaked if you ask me

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

more finished? whats that mean...IRS is about as finished as it is gonna get i think...infact its a bit overbaked if you ask me

Not really directing this at war specifically, but some people think this album(or specific songs) are gonna split the universe in half when finished.

I strongly disagree. The songs aren't going to be monumentally better when Uni puts it on a disc or the latest producer puts his touch to it. In my opinion, those 07 leaks were most likely the 01/02 album not properly mixed or mastered.

Is mastering those tracks really going to make a difference?

Board footer