You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Top 10 albums of the 90's

Gunslinger wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wish - The Cure

Great album that narrowly misses my top ten!

nugdafied wrote:

Jane's Addiction-Ritual de lo Habitual
The Black Crowes-Southern Harmony & the Musical Companion
Nirvana-Nevermind
Alice In Chains-Dirt
Pearl Jam-Ten
Green Day-Dookie
Alanis Morrisette-Jagged Little Pill
Nine Inch Nails-The Downward Spiral
Metallica-The Black Album
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Blodd Sugar Sex Magic

These aren't my favorites, but this list covers alot of ground in the 90's rock scene.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

That barely missed making my list. It deserved all the praise it got in 95.

For those of you online back in 95 when the internet boom started probably remember how she was the first big star on the net. Massive buzz everywhere before that album got huge in 96.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

That barely missed making my list. It deserved all the praise it got in 95.

For those of you online back in 95 when the internet boom started probably remember how she was the first big star on the net. Massive buzz everywhere before that album got huge in 96.

Damn, I forgot that album.  That's definitely on my Honourable Mentions list.

She was a huge star here in Canada back in 95 when she started rising to stardom.  That song about the guy from Full House (You Oughta Know) caused a big buzz.  It was a big turnaround from her old bubblegum pop image in the early 90s.  Here's some trivia... anyone remember her on You Can't Do That on Television??

James

James wrote:

I don't remember her specifically on that show, but I did watch that in the mid 80's. Great show.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hmmmm, I thought I had SP's Siamese Dream on my list.  hmm  I may need to replace AIC Dirt with that.

Good call on GDU by Soul Asylum Bono, can't quite squeeze it into mine but that's a second tier album for my list which I'd forgotten about. Personally Radioheads best album for me was The Bends.

Can't really argue with you too much on The Bends PaSnow. Quite often I think it's my favorite Radiohead album as well. Song for song it is probably their best. I just find Pablo seems to flow a bit better as an album. If I made this list last or next week The Bends would likely be on it haha. As for Soul Asylum they had another great album in 1990 called And the Horse they Rode in on. Not many people ever heard it though cause they werent' popular then but  there was a time I liked that album better. Grave Dancer's was like a  soundtrack to grade 11 though.  Certain albums trigger memories and it seems the fall of 1992 was all about Soul Asylum. Everyone had that album and you couldn't help but hear it. It's a great album but it gets huge bonus points from me for it's nostalgia factor as well. Their follow up to GDU, Let Your Dim Light Shine was great too in my opinion.

James

James wrote:

I should be lynched for not putting Sinead O'Connor's I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got on my list.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

How have u all forgotten Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood sugar sex Magik?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ It's been mentioned & listed a couple of times already.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
Metallica - Black Album
Zakk Wylde - Book of Shadows
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears