You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Two year "anniversary" of the Hammerstein show(s)

CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

But apart from that and no new record, it was a pretty damn good year.

Apart from cancellations and no promised album it was a pretty damn good year? Not to sound like a cynic or put a dampener on things but I'm not really looking for much else from a band, tours and albums is what bands do, if they can't do that I'm not sure it qualifies as a good year.

I understand your sentiments completely, 06 was an exciting time, I saw the band and they were great, we got leaks, GNR was back in the spotlight etc so in that way it was a great year. Yet in other ways 06 was sadly the most dissappointing of the lot.

A Private Eye wrote:

Yet in other ways 06 was sadly the most dissappointing of the lot.

Obviously, since so many things seemed to fall into its final places.

What I'm trying to say, though, is that more things happened in the first six months of 2006 than in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 combined.

There were new songs, pictures, updates, interviews, tours, jail, two new members of the band, pro-shot filmed shows... As you said, it was a very exciting time to be a Guns N' Roses fan, as was it the first time I saw them for the first time and I honestly didn't believe that that would EVER happen.

After waiting so long for something to happen, even the slightest thing, I can't say that I was very disappointed in the end.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn, I remember the excitement of that first night.

Thats when I went to Roses Of Velvet for the first time and was chatting with u guys awaiting the info.

It was exciting and very awesome!

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the threads about CD will start to fly and we willdiscuss track by track what we like and dont like.

Board footer