You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Two year "anniversary" of the Hammerstein show(s)

Yeah, I think this deserved its own thread.

And I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that we had some fantastic moments that we all shared as Guns N' Roses fans during the year of 2006, whether it was live or in front of the computer screen with other people on various forums - what has been happening since is another topic, though.

At least try to be happy... Smile!

000aap16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

everything seemed so close to fruition back then 17

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Yeah...that was the tour that the cancelled the show in Milwaukee that I had floor seats to...cheers??

Sky Dog wrote:

I went to the third and fourth shows I believe. 10 They were good....especially when Mr Stradlin came out for the first time!:beer:

Neemo, Young Guns is a classic!:lol:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

yeah i recently got my hands on a copy of the YGII soundtrack by jon bon jovi...its awesome 9

and when i was younger i had a bit of a fascination with billy the kid, so its been rejuvenated and today i bought an actual historical book about him (though noone knows the true history) ... anyway i'm pretty excited to start reading it

so yeah i was inspired to change my av to mr estevez to celebrate the event 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

My show was cancelled too.  I have such great memories of that tour...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

My show was cancelled too.  I have such great memories of that tour...

Same here. Had tickets to the Sac show.

I always wondered how many new fans they lost on that tour from late starts and cancellations. I was taking my cousin to that show, and although she knew of GNR, had zero interest in this CD crap and only knew a couple of the old hits.

To give her a taste of the new band and what to expect, I gave her a cd of all the leaks to listen to long before the date of the show. She really started to like The Blues and even had it on her myspace page for awhile. Hell, she was even posting at the old site.

Once the disappointment set in over the cancellation, she stopped giving a shit about anything GNR related.

This CD thing should have launched in 06. Not only was the hardcore base rallying around the band, but new fans were ready to jump on board.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Wow two years already?? I almost wound up missing the shows. Had it not been for the extra two nights i would have. I booked my first ever trip to Disney the same weekend. I came home Saturday, and was at the concert Sunday night. My second time ever getting to see GNR live, the first was MSG in '02. I agree, everything seemed so close back then. Who knew two years later we'd still be waiting??

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

yeah i recently got my hands on a copy of the YGII soundtrack by jon bon jovi...its awesome 9

Young Guns is one of my all time favorite movies ever and the YGII soundtrack is by far some of Jon Bon Jovi's best work.  I love Sante Fe/Miracle/Dying Ain't Much Of A Living/Bang a Drum and OF COURSE...Blaze of Glory! 3  That and New Jersey are the best work ever and his solo album YGII is right up there with the best they did as a group, better in many ways.

Back on topic:  Yeah, the Hammerstein Shows were a real buzz.  The leaks hadn't been out long and then the shows.  Things were looking great.  I didn't get to attend a show but opening night was fuckin great.  James, Neemo, Myself, Backslash and the whole gang were on chat excited as hell!  Laura (DTJ) attended the show and texted us and was super sweet enough to even get some of us a cool concert shirt.  Great times. 22

Board footer