You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Pop Quiz: What band?

sic. wrote:

On Floodland, I half-like a couple of songs. Anyone interested should get started with the Reptile House EP and the first studio album, First and Last and Always.

Herr Doktor was unavailable at the time, which is why they resorted to Frank. Did you know that Avalanche does play drums in the demo of Crash Diet?

Blessed be.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
sic. wrote:

On Floodland, I half-like a couple of songs. Anyone interested should get started with the Reptile House EP and the first studio album, First and Last and Always.

Herr Doktor was unavailable at the time, which is why they resorted to Frank. Did you know that Avalanche does play drums in the demo of Crash Diet?

Blessed be.

Yeah First And Last and Always is superior for sure. Floodland is the only one I still have unforunately. I'll have to have a look online.

Doktor on Crash Diet? Hmmm, I thought it might be. I'm glad they didnt go with him in the end. Not organic enough. Didn't have a cowbell program either which I dont think helped at the time....

sic.

sic. wrote:

YouTube provides a good way to try it on for size.

First and Last and Always:

1. "Black Planet" (music: Hussey) - 4:27
   2. "Walk Away" (music: Hussey) - 3:20
   3. "No Time to Cry" (music: Adams, Marx, Hussey) - 3:54
   4. "A Rock and a Hard Place" (music: Hussey) - 3:36
   5. "Marian (version)" (music: Hussey) - 5:37
   6. "First and Last and Always" (music: Marx) - 3:58
   7. "Possession" (music: Hussey, Eldritch, Adams) - 4:36
   8. "Nine While Nine" (music: Marx) - 4:07
   9. "Amphetamine Logic" (music: Marx) - 4:46
  10. "Some Kind of Stranger" (music: Marx) - 7:16

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

haha Yes. Clearly, I'm a fan. I even title the episodes in my ongoing Burning Flagg script series after specific Sisters songs and albums.

First and Last and Always is the leaner, AFD of the Sisters' catalogue. Floodland is the epic Illusions. Vision Thing could even be Chinese Democracy. By that point, Eldritch had become the band and married the epic sounds of Floodland with a more contemporary edge, contrasting songs like "More" with "Detonation Boulevard." I know it's more clever to view the Sisters' eventual next album as their CD, at least in comparison, but I think a good case could be made for Vision Thing already fitting that description, albeit without the decade plus wait. My favorite Sisters album, personally, may in fact be Vision Thing. It's a tough call, because I also love Floodland. Just like with GN'R, my musical sensibilities connect far less with an album like First and Last and Always, and yet I still love it. "No Time to Cry" fucking owns. I can't believe some of you never heard of them! Check this out....

sic.

sic. wrote:

Here's a Classic Rock article on the Sisters, which goes with the pretext:

Is Andrew Eldritch the Axl Rose of Goth?

Try giving it a read for the hell of it, if nothing else, it should give a little bit of perspective to how Ax's camp handles things.

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … ew1yp8.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … ew2lo4.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … ew3qg9.jpg

...Knew you'd be pleased, von.

Board footer