You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Another Baz interview with Axl mentions

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Like Doc said "100mph, 0 i.q."

I thought Doc said "A bitch is a bitch"

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think that all in all baz has been good for axl on a professional level

he hooked trunk and axl up for that interview in 06, he got axl back into the studio and talked him into being on material that was gonna be officially released, and he has constantly praised axl in the press for a year or more..then when axl may feel betrayed (by baz possibly talkign with VR) baz says hes not joining them

i htink that IF baz would've joined vr then Axl may have done a disappearing act again...baz has shown axl that there are people who are loyal to him .... as much as i find him annoying i think Baz has helped axl get into the right state of mind to finally get CD in motion...we just have to wait for these damn "negotiations" 17

all that being said though, i dont think VR even has considered baz in the post weiland era so i dont think that Baz even had a decision to make in this matter

I see Baz as just another yes man.  It's basically like he replaced Merck with all the marketing and damage control he does.  Oh Axl has been doing this, Axl didn't say that, Axl has three CDS, they are incredible, blah blah.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

"Axl texted me right away and asked if I was joining Velvet Revolver, and I said, 'No, not that I know of.'"

if he was that caring about Axl, his answer would have been something to the effect of "No Fucking Way!" and not "Not that I know of".....which to me implies that if they offered him the job, he would fucking fly over there in an instant for another audition....also implies that someone could be making it happen behind the scenes, but he has no knowledge of it...and isn't sure whether he would oppose it or not if it was to happen...

Baz has been a good guy to gnr marketing in the last two years...but he's a yes man, like the post above said....another great asset to the Axl Rose franchise...well fucking done....:thumbup:

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Baz is like a race horse pony, I think he is good for Ax.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
elmir wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

"Axl texted me right away and asked if I was joining Velvet Revolver, and I said, 'No, not that I know of.'"

if he was that caring about Axl, his answer would have been something to the effect of "No Fucking Way!" and not "Not that I know of".....which to me implies that if they offered him the job, he would fucking fly over there in an instant for another audition....also implies that someone could be making it happen behind the scenes, but he has no knowledge of it...and isn't sure whether he would oppose it or not if it was to happen...

Baz has been a good guy to gnr marketing in the last two years...but he's a yes man, like the post above said....another great asset to the Axl Rose franchise...well fucking done....:thumbup:

That's not what "No, not that I know of"  implies at all Elmir. It's simply a  figure of speech. Kind of like a  joke. You gotta say it and hear it properly.  I don't  know how to explain it.  If somone asked you if you were gay and you said "not that I know of" does that implie if a gay guy hit on you you'd maybe consider it? haha. bad analogy but I think I make my point.

Plus if Axl was such a  great friend maybe he should support the idea of Baz singing for VR. It'd be nothing but good things for Baz and his career I'm sure. But that would mean Baz couldn't be Axl's PR tool. His door mat basically.  The whole text message thing is weird too. Was Axl asking Baz if he is joining VR in a  way that would suggest "If you value our friendship you'd think twice about it" That's not friendship.  Fuck if Axl was any kind of friend he'd have helped promote Baz's album. Say something. say yeah I sang on it, Baz is great,  the album rocks blah blah blah, but Axl does nothing.  It really seems like  a one sided friendship to me. It's like the "nerd" bending over backwards to be friends with the "cool kid" yet they aren't really friend's. The "cool kid" simply let's the "nerd" hang around.  Then again who a I too speculate on their alleged friendship.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

good point...although i still think that he would give his left nut to be a frontman of a major global rock band again...even if it cost him his friendship with Rose...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elmir wrote:

good point...although i still think that he would give his left nut to be a frontman of a major global rock band again...even if it cost him his friendship with Rose...

I agree.

Baz would mow down a school bus full of children if it meant he could be relevant again. A position in VR is his last chance at relevancy.

Luckily for the ears of mankind, it aint happening.

Board footer