You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: New Baz interview - mentions Axl, Slash and CD

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This is also another in the long line of hints that the space between Axl and Slash isn't as big as it was in the past.

Yep. Been saying it since the Hammerstein shows(which led to my 08 reunion prediction)....

The moment Izzy walked onstage with Axl, it changed the dynamics of all the previous drama. Everyone has known since the original split that Izzy was the key to getting things moving again. Not that he would force the issue, but he was a huge part of the creative force, and also the bridge between both parties.

You factor in issues such as this, and its pretty obvious the bridge is no longer burning.

Bingo! When the album never surfaced in 2006 I was convinced right there we'd see a reunion before CD. Well CD will come with a  reunion with original members featured on it wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well CD will come with a  reunion with original members featured on it wink

I know you're the originator of that theory, and since you brought it up back in early 07, it has slowly picked up steam. I've seen others mention the possibility since.

However, I just cant picture it happening. I think Axl would shelve the project before bringing the 91 lineup in to add their own touches. If the old lineup does reunite, we'll likely get a killer 2 disc best of collection for them to tour on, and if any new material is released, they'll likely record their own UYI III quickly instead of having to fuck around with the CD era material.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

However, I just cant picture it happening. I think Axl would shelve the project before bringing the 91 lineup in to add their own touches. If the old lineup does reunite, we'll likely get a killer 2 disc best of collection for them to tour on, and if any new material is released, they'll likely record their own UYI III quickly instead of having to fuck around with the CD era material.

James a likely and ideal scenario would be  for the old guys to do their own album nice and quick. But to do anything quickly that'll please Axl it'll have to take a long time 16 CD has taken a lifetime so I'm of the belief alot of CD material would be used. It'll obviously never sound the way it does now cause the old guys will have their fingerprints all over it. It will however sound the way Axl wants it too cause it seems the old guys are the only ones who  have ever been able to bring  Axl's vision to fruition.  The catch may very well be that we never see an album titled Chinese Democracy. Yet we'll hear Chinese Democracy material on a  new Gn'R album.

James

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

The catch may very well be that we never see an album titled Chinese Democracy. Yet we'll hear Chinese Democracy material on a  new Gn'R album.

Under that scenario, I could see it happening. Instead of CD being released by the old lineup, when time to go into the studio, Axl would bring various fragments/ideas from the sessions to the table.

Funny thing about that is some of the CD material(This I Love, Oklahoma,etc.) was on the table before the 96 implosion. So the band would basically be going back in time to record a new record, which means the breakup was pointless.

As far as Axl taking infinity and a day to record, you put Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, and Matt in a studio, and its not gonna take 10 years. More like 10 weeks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Stop it guys if you keep talking about a new GNR album with the old line up i'm going to have to go and take a cold shower wink I can't think of anything cooooler than that would be....perfect boookend to the drama too.

I don't see Baz's comment that he doesn't do music for $ and his complaints about Angel Down sales as incompatiable. He has said that instead of buying himself a ferrari he got himself a record, so he's obviously invested serious cash. Now while he may not be making creative decisions (like joining VR) based on $, you can see how he'd be annoyed for people to steal what he has made instead of buying it when its his own money up there.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

you can see how he'd be annoyed for people to steal what he has made instead of buying it when its his own money up there.

Actually, I don't see why he is so annoyed by it. ALL artists deal with this, and most deal with it worse than Bach. He's a has been, and should only expect a few sales for nostalgic reasons. Artists like MIA who could shit a track better than anything Bach could do and actually creating something fresh are facing the dilemma of low album sales. I don't see any of them bitching continuously.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

But did MIA pay for her own album from her own money?

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But did MIA pay for her own album from her own money?

No she didn't pay a few thousand to some small potatoes label to release her record, but she was kicked out of this country during pre production of Kala. Instead of doing a record with Timbaland like she wanted, she was forced to globe trot in countries none of us would set foot in just to get her record done. Even flew across war zones(Darfur, Liberia,etc.) just to either go to studios or do some photo/video shoots. Timbaland and others wouldn't even fly to see her during that period.

All that for less than one hundred thousand copies sold.

Baz is the last person who should be bitching about record sales.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

there is a difference though.
mia is coming up in a time where record sales are less significant. she doesn't know any different.

sebastian bach, on the other hand, could have "shit a track" as a single in the early nineties and it would have grossed more than all of angel down. he's used to better sales.

James

James wrote:

Baz hasn't had decent sales since 1991. Seventeen years is plenty of time to wake up.

Board footer