You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New McCain Speech acknowledges Obama as DNC nominee

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I believe the President's most important duty is serving as Command in Chief

I agree. Most elections come down to this. If the american people don't think you are worthy of being in control of the greatest military on the planet, you don't become president.

Not only do the american people have to trust a candidate to protect this country at all costs, but they also have to believe that candidate will "push the button" during crunch time.

Tell that to George H Bush, who lost to a what the Republicans labeled during primary season a "pot smoking draft dodger". 8 years later, the GOP elects a "pot smoking draft dodger". 22   Way to stick to their morals.

Clinton entered more conflicts than almost any president in history, and I don't think anyone doubted his willingness to blow up the world if necessary.

Also while running, talked a lot about Somalia, Yugoslavia,etc. He might have been a "draft dodger" that loathed the military, but he was licking his chops at the opportunity to use it.

Reminds me of the infamous quote from his secretary of state....

"Why have this great military if you can't use it?"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

"uttering the word "change" no fewer than 33 times." 

I don't get how this is anything but ridiculous and desperate attempt to find an unknown platform?!  He's the same parties nominee as Bush, he is for the same war as Bush that voters are against, and has wants to make Bush's tax cuts to the elite permanant???

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

"uttering the word "change" no fewer than 33 times." 

I don't get how this is anything but ridiculous and desperate attempt to find an unknown platform?!  He's the same parties nominee as Bush, he is for the same war as Bush that voters are against, and has wants to make Bush's tax cuts to the elite permanant???

Obama can say change a trillion times, so why cant McCain?

The ONLY reason the Bush tax cuts were a massive failure is because spending was increased at the same time, and continued to go up. Had Bush cut spending, or at least leveled it out, we would essentially be in a Reagan style economic boom right now.

If McCain can get spending under control(almost impossible), then there's nothing wrong with the current tax structure. Could use some slight improvements.

People aren't gonna get fooled by this shit about McCain and tax cuts. People know that tax cuts and increased spending don't mix. All McCain has to do to nullify the issue is list programs he's willing to cut to "pay" for any tax cuts.

Obama wants to cut taxes AND increase spending while we're in massive debt.

He has a brain the size of a walnut.

Board footer