You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: KICKASS preview of Bach's album

NY Giants82 wrote:

THanks for posting this. Sounds great!

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

1 song would have been enough to draw attention.  3 is overkill, especially considering one is singing lead.  There is more to this than just paying back a friend.

I think it's a combination of Baz asking him to be on the album and then it just took off with him winding up doing 3 songs and it's 2 fold helps Baz's album and also helps Axl getting himself out there on something official.   They were going to team up in the past so why not now.

Yeah really. I'm not sure how people can find something to complain about this??

some people will look for any reason to bash whatever Axl is doing.    I don't get how any GnR fan wouldn't be fucking PSYCHED to hear that Axl is singing lead vocals on Back in the Saddle.   That alone makes buying this album worthwhile.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Bach seemed pretty excited about Chinese Democracy when he was talking about it last year.  Maybe he's just like the rest of us and wants that album to see the light of day.  Maybe he figured 3 tracks and one lead is a small price to pay to help his friend get some confidence back.

And hell, he must've had a blast singing with Axl anyway.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't understand how any gnr fan wouldn't be psyched to hear the original band was going to reunite, but there are people that feel that way.  I don't care about Axl on Bach's album, it is meaningless.  The possible bad things to come out of this far outweigh the good.  One negative review by RS or Blender and we're back to the dead period for 4 more years of perfecting the vocals on CD.  How ANY gnr fan is excited by that prospect is beyond me.  Look a little further ahead than your nose.

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't understand how any gnr fan wouldn't be psyched to hear the original band was going to reunite, but there are people that feel that way.  I don't care about Axl on Bach's album, it is meaningless.  The possible bad things to come out of this far outweigh the good.  One negative review by RS or Blender and we're back to the dead period for 4 more years of perfecting the vocals on CD.  How ANY gnr fan is excited by that prospect is beyond me.  Look a little further ahead than your nose.

I am sure they are both prepared for negative reviews.   Look at how GNR concerts are so harshly reviewed and yet they still keep doing concerts.

I don't think this will have any negative or positive effect on CD.   CD is a whole other animal seemingly not affected by anything and even if Baz's album gets good reviews, we still could be looking at a 4 year silent period without CD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

When is the last time a singer did a solo album that had a guest singer do 3 songs on the same album and sing lead on one of them?  Doesn't this raise red flags for anybody?

When was the last time a singer got Axl Rose to actually record vocals for an official release? Wouldn't you milk that for all it's worth.

that about sums it up....still it is weird that a guest vocalist is doing lead while the artist himself is doing back vocals....its gotta be a first...at least ive never seen that before hmm

still i think that review is a bit too much....metal record of the decade!? .... 10 i somehow doubt it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Doc Roberts
 Rep: -2 

Doc Roberts wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's no chance that this album lives up to this review.  None.  There's no chance that an 80s singer that couldn't write lyrics comes back and has some fantastic album 20 years later.  Axl on there is a publicity stunt and should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of the material.

Axl wouldn't be on it in the first place if it wasn't of an extreme.y high standard...The time he is taking over chinese democracy is proof of his high standards...He would hardly lend a LEAD vocal to this alum unless it met his high standards

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Doc Roberts wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There's no chance that this album lives up to this review.  None.  There's no chance that an 80s singer that couldn't write lyrics comes back and has some fantastic album 20 years later.  Axl on there is a publicity stunt and should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of the material.

Axl wouldn't be on it in the first place if it wasn't of an extreme.y high standard...The time he is taking over chinese democracy is proof of his high standards...He would hardly lend a LEAD vocal to this alum unless it met his high standards

Time being taken isn't necessarily proof of high standards the reasons for CD's delay are more likely a combination of all sorts of things. Most of the songs he's ever been on are proof of high standards, with a few noteable exceptions like OMG and Silkworms.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Doc Roberts wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I would say it's more likely Axl is just helping out his friend.  I would agree with you that he probably picked the strongest songs on the album to put his vocals on, but wasn't the story that Baz made a joke about Axl being on the album and Axl said, Yeah, when and where.

That says to me he agreed to be on it without even hearing anything, just as a favor to someone who has been willing to kiss his ass for a long time.

Board footer