You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

monkeychow wrote:

Prostitute or not...this track is my preferred song of the 3 new songs. smile

Here is a totally OT and random thought: I wonder if the AFD focus in recent years has been cos there are no new rockers. If axl is only writing ballads now then it makes sence to mix them in with some AFD songs to get a UYI balance...

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wasn't knocking Balin. I actually like Hearts, and the Jefferson Starship track Run Away is fucking great.

Was just trying to put these various ballads into a bit of perspective that doesn't include two tons of hype.

Don't feel like waiting for Chinese Democracy vol.2? Guess what? You don't have to!

Go to Itunes and download these tracks:

Marty Balin- Hearts
Al Stewart- Year of the Cat
Brenda Russell- Piano in the Dark
Simply Red- Mellow My Mind
Bob Seger- Shame on the Moon
The Cure- Lovesong
Jim Croce- Time in a Bottle
Journey- Don't Stop Believin'
Rod Stewart- Love Touch
Chris Isaac- Wicked Game

Burn it and write CD on the disc.

Wait OVER.

Will check some of those out. Prob not Simply Red though, just cant abide the man! One ginger balladeer is enough for these ears.

Funny though but I was listening to Dont Stop Believin yesterday and thought it was similar in many ways to a lot of the CD stuff but a hell of a lot better imo. I love that song, its a real guilty pleasure, especially since it featured in the Sopranos so prominently. I'm going to listen to it right now.

Ah Axl, 14 years to sound like Journey. Well done. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a cover of it on CD.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so i've been contemplating what this tune is actually called

someone point out to me that it could be what Axl played on the '02 tour after the asshole song and before NR...what does everyone else think?

Anyway is it possible that Song #2 is actually Sorry before Baz lent his guest vocals to it?

Quote Courtesy of Communist China

Baz wrote:

"There's this one song called '˜Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

The Clean Vocals part fits...
the chorus and the entire song after the 3:04 part is relatively heavy and somewhat slow beat

and of course the Lyrics seem to me to be an apology, that Axl is saying "Sorry" to someone

thanks to Dave2k i think we can rule out this track being This I Love or Prostitute...so what else could it be? anyway thats the current theory that i believe in ....now rip it apart big_smile

also I emailed marco beltrami a while ago and asked if it was one of the tracks that he worked on (Seven, Leave Me Alone, General & Thyme ) but sadly i never got a response on that end

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Someone somewhere mentioned the possibility of Thyme, although I have no idea where that came from.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think this is Prostitute.

I need to dive in to Beltrami's work and see if this track has any of his 'signatures'. Next time I'm on high speed, I'm gonna download some of his resume and have a good listen. If we can nail it down as Beltrami, then we know which songs to choose from.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Someone somewhere mentioned the possibility of Thyme

that was me in chat the night it leaked

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I meant besides you.:haha: It was at another forum. Too stoned then to remember what they actually said.

Anyone here familiar with his non GNR work?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I meant besides you. 16 It was at another forum. Too stoned then to remember what they actually said.

haha...sorry 19

James Lofton wrote:

Anyone here familiar with his non GNR work?

you prolly are james...he seems to do the score on alot of horror type movies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Beltrami

James

James wrote:

Had no idea he worked on Mimic. I really like that film but haven't seen it in years. Didn't know he did the Scream trilogy either. I should move some of these films up on my Netflix queue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Great post nemo...that paino is interesting..sounds like a hybrid of the paino parts in about 4 gnr songs to me...but not quite any of them completely.

why have we discounted song 2 being prostitute? Did i miss something offical from someone? Seems to me there is a very strong case for it being prostitute based on the thematic content of the lyrics....

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

why have we discounted song 2 being prostitute?

I haven't smile I've gambled my admin rights on this song definately being Prostitute 16

Board footer