You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Bono wrote:

These should be numbers #2 and #3 if we arent' sure of the names. I'm not sure which one you guys are talking about.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

maybe its eulogy of a broken heart

Possible. I remember killingvector had a theory a couple years back that was the working title for Better.

dave, bring KV over here.

I called him a few times but he isnt picking up

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

I emailed Patty Hood who played on This I love and she said its not This I love but she loved the song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

I emailed Patty Hood who played on This I love and she said its not This I love but she loved the song.

Its Prostitute. These songs are a leak of the CD 06/07 setlist.*

*a theory

I would not be surprised if this leak had something to do with Finck and/or Reznor.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

*a theory

I would not be surprised if this leak had something to do with Finck and/or Reznor.

Wasn't Prostitute described as fire and ice? When the drums kick in and it gets going then it goes back to mellow and soft. I wouldn't be shocked if you are actually right. I was kinda thinking that too now that I have listened to them for a little.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

*a theory

I don't know, NIN fans are rabid and track down everything Trent, I really doubt he or RObin actually played a hand in this. Although I wouldn't be shocked if TR tried to take credit for it or make some joke about it on the nin blog.

And this had better not be Prostitute. It's not doing much for me yet, but I haven't payed attention to the lyrics or let the music sink in so it could turn out to be a great song yet.

Bono

Bono wrote:

This is the best of the new leaks and maybe the 3rd best  CD song for me  behind Better and  Madgascar. This one sounds more honest and genuine and less forced than the other new leaks and on the rare occasion the song itself actually shines through the production.  It has somewhat of a timeless feel to it.

Bono

Bono wrote:

having said that ^^ the drums on this song suck so bad. Almost to the point of ruining the song. They definately ruin the sublime outro.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

As alexh0618 pointed out, the piano melody is something Axl has played as an intro to November Rain. The first time he did that was in House of Blues 01/01/01. Since this is likely an Axl composition, the piano tune has been around a long time. So it's an old song, at least from 2000.

It's not This I Love, nor is it likely Prostitute. Here's how orchestrator Paul Buckmaster described the latter one:

[It's a] mid-up, kind of biting 4 minute song with an aggressive rhythm section. The way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gave the song another dimension. [The song is] powerful, like fire and ice. - GNRSource

It could be one of the songs Marco Beltrami made orchestrations in 2002, which included The General, Seven, Leave Me Alone and Thyme.

Or it could be Oklahoma, which ironically was mentioned in the original 01/01/01 setlist.

My God, this stuff is amazing.

I can finally understand why I've waited so long for this.

Board footer