You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buckmaster sounding strings just like the Blues, TWAT, and Maddy....all of which have leaked. What were the four songs Buck worked on ? Maddy Prostitute twat and the blues........no Beltrami songs have leaked...coincidence again?

Thats an excellent point.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

What were the four songs Buck worked on ? Maddy Prostitute twat and the blues........no Beltrami songs have leaked...coincidence again? I think not.

yes that is a very good point...but the songs that have been leaked are in various stages of production and mixing so i do think its just a coincidence no offense...why wasnt prostitute leaked before if that was the case? we should have like 3 or 4 versions of this song based on your reasoning

madagas wrote:

The lyrics fit PERFECTLY Neemo in multiple verses in the song.....not sure what you are missing like Mister ID pointed out. He says Prostitute...

some people think he says prostitute...like slinger said its pretty unclear ...and if peopel wanna hear something then they will believe it is that...aka....hendrix singing "'scuse me while i kiss this guy"

personally i think he sings....

"Ask yourself
what i would do
to drag you down
myself
to live with fortune and shame"

prove that its not the lyric 16 anyway he doesnt say prostitute...it makes no sense in the context...to prove he would be true he will go be a prostitute? i mean c'mon guys 14

also here is the definitions of Prostitute

1 : to offer indiscriminately for sexual intercourse especially for money
2 : to devote to corrupt or unworthy purposes

obviously this song has nothign to do with definition #1...so lets go to definition #2...it doesnt really seem like a song about corruption or unworthy purposes....like i posted earlier...its more of an apology

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it sounds to me like....

ask yourself
why i would choose
to prostitute
myself
to live with fortune and shame

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no you're right War...that makes more sense

ask yourself

war wrote:

why i would choose

to drag you down myself,
to live with fortune in shame

16 5

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

no you're right War...that makes more sense

ask yourself

war wrote:

why i would choose

to drag you down myself,
to live with fortune in shame

16 5

i feel so used

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
war wrote:

it sounds to me like....

ask yourself
why i would choose
to prostitute
myself

I broke out my best headphones to hear the song better and I think there are a couple words different, what I hear now is:

ask yourself
what I would do
to [doesn't sound like Prostitute, I'm working on it]
myself

**Just wanted to add that this slight difference in words does not change the context to dismiss that the word could be Prostitute.  The word would still fit into the scheme.  Just saying I can neither confirm nor deny we are hearing the word Prostitute but I am certain at this point that the What I Would Do part is correct instead of Why I Would Choose...for what it's worth.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I agree that it sounds like he says "what I would do," but I can also hear him make the "ch" noise.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Rex wrote:

I agree that it sounds like he says "what I would do," but I can also hear him make the "ch" noise.

I have to agree there does appear to be a "ch" in there.  "What I would choose" works just as well.  I just wish I could hear the word that may or may not be Prostitute because that is so extremely important in this case.  Ironic how the one word that makes such a big difference is the one that (the majority perhaps) can't make out with total certainty.

A question to you that do believe he is saying "prostitute"...can you REALLY hear him saying this or is it just because it fits in so well that you are assimilating?

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Rex wrote:

I have to agree there does appear to be a "ch" in there.  "What I would choose" works just as well.  I just wish I could hear the word that may or may not be Prostitute because that is so extremely important in this case.  Ironic how the one word that makes such a big difference is the one that (the majority perhaps) can't make out with total certainty.

A question to you that do believe he is saying "prostitute"...can you REALLY hear him saying this or is it just because it fits in so well that you are assimilating?

Well I really thought I heard him say it, but when I listened to hear if he was saying what I would do, or why I would choose, I think I heard prosecute.

EDIT:  Upon closer "inspection," I am once again sure it's prostitute.  I can hear those two t's, but they're not really as emphasized as they are when you say it normally.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

anyway he doesnt say prostitute...it makes no sense in the context...to prove he would be true he will go be a prostitute? i mean c'mon guys 14

also here is the definitions of Prostitute

1 : to offer indiscriminately for sexual intercourse especially for money
2 : to devote to corrupt or unworthy purposes

obviously this song has nothign to do with definition #1...so lets go to definition #2...it doesnt really seem like a song about corruption or unworthy purposes....like i posted earlier...its more of an apology

This is where I will respectfully disagree.

Axl often writes songs using analogy, so if he writes a song called prostitute, especially post AFD, it's unlikely to be about an actual prostitute that he had an experience with.

I think he is using prostitution more broadly....to promote one's self or gain advantage at the expense of dignity and respect and honour.

I think the song suggests one or possbily both of two things:

1. That a girl (maybe steph) used the love he had for her for her own purposes and was not "true" about their relationship. Such as using the fame boost then walking out.

and/or

2. The irony of his love songs to her (and other girls) making him a fortune. Axl is a man who has been heartbroken at least twice, yet these events have made him millions of dollars, and provided the inspiration and muse for him to make music.

and/ or

3. The general concept of selling out and making sacrifices to your love...

Now to provide my lyrical evidence for these themes in the songs:

* "I Got A Message For You, Open Away, Its What I've Got To Do..." - I feel the use of GOT here in relation to opening up emotionally is relvent to the theme.

* "Give What You Have, For What You Might Lose" - again...trading something for something else...perhaps one if money and one is emotions

* "And What Would You Do If I Had To Deny, Your Name?" - The idea of denying a person's name is prominent in the new testament where one of the disciples (i forget which) is forced to deny the name of jesus three times to save himself, and this is after Jesus was betrayed for money by another disciple. I'm not much into religion, but theres a possible analogy there for what it's worth.

* "All that amounts to is...is Love That You've Paid For Fortune And Fame!". This could very easily be connected to the idea of prostituting your love. It basicly says it.

* "Ask Yourself, What I Would Do To Prostitute, Myself". If these are the lyrics here. I'll accept though that not everyone hears the word "prostitute" at this point. however even if it was "bring you down" it could still work with the established concepts of doing something for money already at this point in the song.

*To Live With Fortune And Shame - again...he's been sucessful with a broken heart...that he couldn't make the relationship work made him huge sucessess. How do you be sad about this when it's also soemthing that has brought you happiness in life.

So that's my reasoning on how the lyrics for this song are perfect for it being called "prostitue" smile

Be interested to know if you think i'm crazy or reaching too much etc.

I feel these words in addition to the other points previously made

*it's the only song missing from the setlist photos of the same vintage
* the "fire" and "ice" descriptions suit the chorus parts comapred to the verses.
*it has orchistration

make a reasonable case for the idea that it is prostitute.

Board footer