You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

misterID wrote:

Dave, we still don't even know the real name for Checkmate.

The song could have easily been around 4 minutes at one time. The whole outro of the song carries it to the 6 minute mark. Like it was stated above, TWAT was just over 4 minutes once, and that was during Buckmasters time, and we know how that changed. Plus, we don't know when exactly buckmaster last worked on Prostitute, which could easily have been before 2002.

If the song isn't Prostitute, no big deal, it means the myth will continue.

Sky Dog wrote:

Dave, we first heard about Buckmaster doing the string arrangements for Prostitute in 2002. Now, he could have worked on it after that but the info came around the same time as we found out about Beltrami's string work. I still think all these leaks are from a cd used by the band for rehearsal prior to the 2006 tour.:thumbup:

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Well if it does turn out to be prostitute, which would be a disapointement since is supposed to be one of the strongest songs on the album, at least we  will know who is lying about  having unleaked songs and what not. But like I said, until its proven wrong ill believe the person who claims to work for the label and taht guy from classic rock mag from the podcast that its not prostitute.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Well if it does turn out to be prostitute, which would be a disapointement since is supposed to be one of the strongest songs on the album

THATS why so many are so opposed to this being Prostitute.

If its Prostitute(which it obviously is), the myth is officially six foot under. If its not, the myth is on life support.

Do you wonder why no one will comment on this latest leak, one of which is a seven year old song, the other almost played live, and this so called mystery track?

Because the ten year old hype comes crashing to its knees the moment the GNR camp admit what this song is.

dave, I'm giving you a title...

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I haven't said this in the open forum before but I will now.  I was played something a couple of years ago that was supposed to be a sampling of Prostitute.  This person who played it to me HAS PROVEN to be reliable in the past but that does not mean he was this time, of course.  The clip I heard DID NOT sound like this song (Song #2).  Of course the song could have changed, it could have been another song and mislabeled or he simply could have been lying.  Due to the fact that these statements I made cannot be proved and are therefore nothing more than speculation that is all I would like to comment about this.  I only offer this because it does offer some weight (at least to me) as to what dave has been told.

Just one thing I'd like to add:  James is dead on right about (the fan base, myself included) not wanting to believe this is Prostitute.  This was the last solid block of foundation for the mythical Chinese Democracy house that Axl built, if this IS Prostitute the foundation has now crumbled.

James

James wrote:

Listen to the arrangements right before and after the 2:00 mark. If that isn't Buckmaster, I'm Tammy Faye Baker.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The guitar in the chorus is what scares me the most...that is some KEEN playing.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Listen to the arrangements right before and after the 2:00 mark. If that isn't Buckmaster, I'm Tammy Faye Baker.

Buckmaster did more than one song, he juts named prostitute as being one of them.
But you are right about your other post.  most gnr fans dont want to believe this is prostitute. I still think its a great song, but I think there are better songs than prostitute of the leaks.

James

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Buckmaster did more than one song, he juts named prostitute as being one of them.
But you are right about your other post.  most gnr fans dont want to believe this is prostitute. I still think its a great song, but I think there are better songs than prostitute of the leaks.

Out of his own mouth, he worked on the following tracks:

The Blues
Madgascar
There Was A Time

and:

*drum roll please*

Prostitute

James

James wrote:

Madagas is right:

We got a leak of Buckmaster tracks with some assorted songs mixed in.

Board footer