You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

I'm 50/50 on this one -  I don't think he says Prostitute but the lyrical theme of the song does go along them lines.

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was prostitute though - its a great song.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If he wont share it, doesn't that call into question his legitimacy?? Who tells someone they have a tiny clip but wont produce it?

I'll tell you who......someone who doesn't have shit. That makes him a speculator just like everyone else.

This Classic Rock person has nothing to back it up either.

AS far as this Uni contact, while I do agree with you that there are Uni employees floating around these sites, how do we know for sure this person is one? Did they show you a pic of them at Universal headquarters shaking hands with Iovine?

The whole thing is just too fuzzy at the moment. One half of the community thinks its Prostitute while the other half thinks its a phantom track and for someone reason is unwilling to do the math between the setlist pic, the leaks, and the theme of the song.

Its a stalemate.

Yeah you are right, he doesnt have shit yet he claimed he had riyadh, if the world and a few other songs and and you said he was full of shit back then when I asked if you had prostitute and guess what, If the world and riyadh just happened to leak out a few weeks later.

I guess you forgot how many people claimed to have Riyadh over the years(remember that 06 fake leak), and various people have claimed to have If the World since that setlist pic surfaced. Thats whats funny about this. No one ever has any songs until GNR mention a song title, and then everyone and their grandma is sitting on a pile of leaks. Reminds me of when that joker at frozens old forum was acting like he was in the GNR circle, they all believed him, he mentioned a title called broken, and then about 10 people said they had it. BBF(or was it Del?) said the song doesn't even exist.

dave, you have been an active member of these sites longer than I have and you should know by now that 99.9% of this kind of stuff should be taken with salt.

I'm not saying to discount every person that comes along, but you gotta remain skeptical until they can at least show a sliver of proof, and saying you have two songs that hundreds of others have claimed to have isn't proof.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If he wont share it, doesn't that call into question his legitimacy?? Who tells someone they have a tiny clip but wont produce it?

I'll tell you who......someone who doesn't have shit. That makes him a speculator just like everyone else.

This Classic Rock person has nothing to back it up either.

AS far as this Uni contact, while I do agree with you that there are Uni employees floating around these sites, how do we know for sure this person is one? Did they show you a pic of them at Universal headquarters shaking hands with Iovine?

The whole thing is just too fuzzy at the moment. One half of the community thinks its Prostitute while the other half thinks its a phantom track and for someone reason is unwilling to do the math between the setlist pic, the leaks, and the theme of the song.

Its a stalemate.

Yeah you are right, he doesnt have shit yet he claimed he had riyadh, if the world and a few other songs and and you said he was full of shit back then when I asked if you had prostitute and guess what, If the world and riyadh just happened to leak out a few weeks later.

I guess you forgot how many people claimed to have Riyadh over the years(remember that 06 fake leak), and various people have claimed to have If the World since that setlist pic surfaced. Thats whats funny about this. No one ever has any songs until GNR mention a song title, and then everyone and their grandma is sitting on a pile of leaks. Reminds me of when that joker at frozens old forum was acting like he was in the GNR circle, they all believed him, he mentioned a title called broken, and then about 10 people said they had it. BBF(or was it Del?) said the song doesn't even exist.

dave, you have been an active member of these sites longer than I have and you should know by now that 99.9% of this kind of stuff should be taken with salt.

I'm not saying to discount every person that comes along, but you gotta remain skeptical until they can at least show a sliver of proof, and saying you have two songs that hundreds of others have claimed to have isn't proof.

I do remain skeptical but i find it funny he claimed to have these two songs then they just happen to leak out a few weeks later.  Im still not saying its 100% not prostitute, from the evidence i have seen, im saying its not.  Also, im more hoping its not too bc like I said while its a very good song one of the best leaks, its not the best and its nothing like I invisioned the song to be like

And didnt Youth say that prostiute was like a cross of Nov Rain and night train, I dont hear that in this song.

James

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Im not saying that its not prostitute 100%
Of course its 50/50 but the woman from the label saying its not prostitute ill take her word for it.
As for the song being labeled wrong, do I have to remind you of checkmate. No one still knows that title of that clip and how long has it been around for?

The person with the clip said he had a clip of prostitute. he never mentioned track 2, but when it leaked, I asked him if the song matches up with the clip he has of prostitute and he said no, they are two different songs. Just like the woman for the label did and just like the guy from classic rock on that pod cost who said they are different songs

So if those people are all mistaken, and this turns out to be prostiute then so be it, but i find it hard they can all be mistaken. You would think ONE person that hoards leaks would come out and say this song is prostitute but they have not. So you dont find that a little odd?

Have you considered the possibility he has the checkmate clip and assumes its Prostitute? Dont forget. When the clip leaked there were people saying it was the best song ever.

I still think that checkmate shit is fake.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

If the checkmate clip is fake, then its the best axl fake ever. And the guy should be in a cover band
But id say its real since merck freaked out when it leaked and made razz catch the guy before the whole thing came out

James

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

I do remain skeptical but i find it funny he claimed to have these two songs then they just happen to leak out a few weeks later.  Im still not saying its 100% not prostitute, from the evidence i have seen, im saying its not.  Also, im more hoping its not too bc like I said while its a very good song one of the best leaks, its not the best and its nothing like I invisioned the song to be like

And didnt Youth say that prostiute was like a cross of Nov Rain and night train, I dont hear that in this song.

Yes, Prostitute dates back to 1998(it was first mentioned in that infamous Spin article). So that dates the original version before Buckmaster touched it. Thats another reason why I dont rule out this being Prostitute. 10 versions may been recorded since 1998, and this is Buckmaster's take on it. Have you considered that?

A more heavy yet shorter version from the OMG/CITR sessions, and it had an overhaul later on.

This song isnt what I pictured Prostitute to be either. I always thought it would be heavy in either a Slayer or Soundgarden(Badmotorfinger) way with a bunch of orchestral arrangements in the background.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

I understand your point and you could be right, because the latter version of the blues, cd and better are all pussier than the 2000/2002 versions and for bettter the first version was much heavier. So that could be true.  Im just worried CD is going to be ballad heavy and if prostitute was one of the heavier songs and this is it, then CD might no have any rockers on it

estrangedpaul

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Probably just means there is a mixture of piano parts and heavy guitar parts. This is as close to that description as any CD song we have heard so far. I think that quote adds weight to it being Prostitute to be honest.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

^^

What are you talking about? TWAT fits that description more than anything. Most of these songs have piano and  heavy guitars.  The same goes for If the world.

estrangedpaul

If The World doesn't have heavy rhythm guitars - just an electric blues solo. TWAT is the only other song  that fits that description but he obviously wasn't talking about that song. Also, the untitled song has heavier rhythm and solo parts than TWAT.

Board footer