You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

James wrote:

I'd rather drink a glass of goose piss before having to hear this song again.

Only reason I'm not gonna delete it from my comp is in the off chance this song "speaks" to me like Madagascar eventually did.

Lyrics on this song are terrible. That first verse could have been written by a 10 year old.

Axl should just sing the word cliche over and over until the music stops and I would get the same feeling from it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I just gave this one an old-school blast in my car as I went to the liquor store. I also believe it's Prostitute, but I guess I'm in the minority, along with Bono, because I think this is one of the best leaks we've ever gotten. In my top 3 or 4. I always catch myself humming this one after it's over, hours later. It's funny, this could be one of the more "simple" songs of the bunch. There isn't layers upon layers of crap on it, yet most of y'all don't like it, even though that's the main complaint about the others.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I like the song, but I agree with James the lyrics are sort of eh. But it picks up and sounds alot better near the end of the song.

I SERIOUSLY doubt this is Prostitute. If it is I will kill myself... -_-

bigbri wrote:

I just gave this one an old-school blast in my car as I went to the liquor store. I also believe it's Prostitute, but I guess I'm in the minority, along with Bono, because I think this is one of the best leaks we've ever gotten. In my top 3 or 4. I always catch myself humming this one after it's over, hours later. It's funny, this could be one of the more "simple" songs of the bunch. There isn't layers upon layers of crap on it, yet most of y'all don't like it, even though that's the main complaint about the others.

I did the same, I blasted this song tonight in my car and I really, really dig this song.   As much as I enjoy the other songs with alot of synth and all that, I like this one because it's simple, took the words right out of my mouth to a tee.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If the lyrics in the "new song lyrics" thead are correct this song HAS to be prostitute.

I mean "Love That You've Crippled For Fortune And Fame" and "Ask Yourself, What I Would Do
To Prostitute, Myself, To Live With Fortune And Shame" - pretty much seals the deal that the song is prostitute to me.

Then again...i guess a lot of the leaks have simialr themes.

Also...when he says "to prostitute myself"  it really doesn't sound liek the word prostitute to me. Like the metre and timing of the word fits 100% with that...but it really sounds like theres sounds that arn't in that word - like a "down" style word...but then again..axl often pronounces things a bit differently than i'd expect...like how he says "chains" in better.

I fucking love this song now anyway. It's amazing. Simple yet beautiful.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If the lyrics in the "new song lyrics" thead are correct this song HAS to be prostitute.

I mean "Love That You've Crippled For Fortune And Fame" and "Ask Yourself, What I Would Do
To Prostitute, Myself, To Live With Fortune And Shame" - pretty much seals the deal that the song is prostitute to me.

Then again...i guess a lot of the leaks have simialr themes.

Also...when he says "to prostitute myself"  it really doesn't sound liek the word prostitute to me. Like the metre and timing of the word fits 100% with that...but it really sounds like theres sounds that arn't in that word - like a "down" style word...but then again..axl often pronounces things a bit differently than i'd expect...like how he says "chains" in better.

I fucking love this song now anyway. It's amazing. Simple yet beautiful.

Yeah I'm with you, that doesn't sound like "prostitute" to me either.  Sounds like we're reaching there.  Song is growing on me, as they all do.  But it's not there yet.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It reminds me of when Rhiad was previously known as Oklahoma crap. People know a few song titles here and there and wants to be smart ass kids thinking they got the right title to the right song. Or when people gave me hell for saying I.R.S was indeed played on radio and then being oddly quiet when it turned out to be true.

In reality, the chances of this being Prostitute are slim.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

This song could be Prostitute, but he clearly does NOT sing Prostitute in the lyrics. It sounds more like 'to bring me down' or 'to burn me down', it sounds nothing like the word prostitute.

This song is growing on me with each listen, it's fast becoming my favourite leak.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

seems like forever.....and a day

Can I buy an extra pound of cheese with that?

God this song is terrible. He kills it just with that opening verse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A lot of his lyrics have an element of cheese, though, James. Especially in the new songs. The Blues, and TWAT specifically. But it still works.

I will bet anything this song is in deed Prostitute. He says it clearly in the outro, and Prosecute myself makes no damn sense with the lyrics... Or at least how I'm hearing them. I remember someone, I think Paul Buckmeister but I might be wrong, said that Prostitute didn't really blow him away and he couldn't understand why Axl was toiling away on it the most. Maybe it's denial, but I think a lot of people built this song up really big in their minds and the version in their heads sounded a lot different than the reality. It's no Welcome To The Jungle mixed with Novemeber Rain that I was expecting, but it sounds like "Fire And Ice" to me. This is just speculation on my part that it is Prostitute, but I am pretty much 100% sure in my mind that it is.

The song is amazing, though. One of my favorites of all the new songs.

Board footer