You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm dumbfounded and jealous at the same time.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I'm at the tail end of listening the Master Of Puppets straight through for the first time in my entire life.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

First time, WOW!:thumbup:

I'd love to relive that first listening experience, so jealous, but why'd you take so long Russ... WHY!!! 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I bet was a fan of Black album before this.  Its hard to get your mind around that album if you were a huge fan of the Black Album.  Not as easy on the ears.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Funny you say that, I got into them around the Black album, and the re-release of One from the Live Shit box set.

And discovering Puppets and all the early albums prior to Black, which weren't so top notch polished sound, didn't deter me at all from discovering how great those early albums are

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

I pretty much use the first 5 Metallica albums as workout albums, and have since high school, so I've listened to them 1000's of times. Amazingly, they never get old to me. And though I love the Black album and still play the shit out of it, in retrospect it had all the signs that they were just about done being blisteringly awesome.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

Yeah, age-wise, I think I was in 6th grade when Justice hit, so that was the first one I got into. Before that, 'tallica was still mainly being passed around on dubbed cassettes.

You ever given any thought to what Justice would sound like with bass? On the one hand, I'd love to hear it, but on the other, the choice to bury it gave the album a VERY distinct and cutting sound. I'd still like to hear it, but I don't know if it would improve it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer