You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

metallex78 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

The wheels have been set in motion:

http://www.missionmetallica.com/

I don't know what that will be but I don't want to wait until may.

I guess it's a website to promote the new album.

The use of the old logo on there is a promising start! 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I signed up 9 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow the new song clip sounds pretty bad ass 9 must... not.... get.... excited 17

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

NEW YORK - Metallica will make its first in-store appearance in nearly a decade on April 19, as part of Record Store Day, a promotional event for independent music retailers.

The band will participate in a signing and meet-and-greet at Rasputin Music's Mountain View store, near San Francisco.

In addition to promoting the vinyl re-release of the band's classic albums 'Kill 'Em All' and 'Ride the Lightning,' Metallica's appearance is meant to bolster the indie record store community.

Spearheaded by the Alliance of Independent Media Stores, Coalition of Independent Music Stores, Music Monitor Network, Newbury Comics and Value Music Group of Indie Stores, the inaugural Record Store Day will feature special events at all participating stores, which will provide customers with goodie bags filled with new formats, new albums and information on music, theatrical, comic book and gaming releases.

© 2008 Billboard

-------------------------------------

I'm gonna go to this.:mosh:

Obviously I didn't go to this. Completely forgot about it.Never heard anything about it other than this one article. Did it even happen?

It sounds like a mix of the best (and heaviest) stuff from Load together with the old material - mainly The Black Album.

But who knows what state these songs even are in? I'm certain that we're in for quite a treat during 2008.

There's no doubt in my mind that this will be one of the greatest Metallica records ever.

James Lofton wrote:

Did it even happen?

Yeah, you can read about it on the official site.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Sounds good. Pretty cool idea.. Letting fans hear parts of it when its not even completed or mastered.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Sounds good. Pretty cool idea.. Letting fans hear parts of it when its not even completed or mastered.

they prolly know they are on shakey ground after all the hype they put on st anger and the subsequent flop that it became

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah true. Hopefully it's a beast of a record. I think it will shut a lot of people up.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Check out these links - promos for their new website www.missionmetallica.com which is going live May 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i2kLW4jPO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1qrUVIZlRM

Sounds very fucking promising!

Board footer