You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Differences in the "old" new leaks....

James Lofton wrote:

I don't know what his contributions are going to be. I am only able to base my opinion on what he has played live in replacement of BH, and its inferior to what we've heard on the leaks.

His biggest change was the CD solo, and I see no improvement whatsoever.

I've said it before but comparing BH's studio work to Rons live playing isn't a fair comparison. I know what's coming next 'BH never fucks up live, he's as good live as in the studio', which I somewhat disagree with, I've got BH stuff and then listened to the same songs live and I don't think they're as good. They aren't bad by any stretch don't get me wrong but in every case the studio version is superior.

The same criticism your levelling at Ron could also be directed at Robin, if we're talking inferior replication in a live setting then Robin's attempts at Slash's parts are at times embarrassing, and that's 9 times out of 10 much less complex guitar work than Ron has to try and replicate.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I've said it before but comparing BH's studio work to Rons live playing isn't a fair comparison. I know what's coming next 'BH never fucks up live, he's as good live as in the studio'

Damn APE, am I that much of a broken record?:haha:

The same criticism your levelling at Ron could also be directed at Robin, if we're talking inferior replication in a live setting then Robin's attempts at Slash's parts are at times embarrassing, and that's 9 times out of 10 much less complex guitar work than Ron has to try and replicate.

I've been saying since 2001 that Finck butchers the classics. Just because Finck fucks up the old songs doesn't give BBF the right to fuck up the new ones.

*ducks for cover*

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha i might as well chime in

i am now remembering that gnr swagger comment that BBF made...now i can see where he's coming from...i'm looking forward to "the next level" of recordings that Axl mentioned after BH left...stil i find it sad that a couple of these songs are so bland...i knwo some of you say the songs are growing on you...most likely its because you are forcing yourself to lsiten to them a million times ITW and #2 are boring IMO

CD, IRS, Better, Rhiad, Twat, Madagascar .... thats where its at I'd love to see a complete album of that type of material

blues, catcher, ITW, #2 ...no thanks though blues is far and away the best song of those 4

anyway of 10 we have heard.... only 6 are what i'd liked to have seen some out of this wait... sad

James

James wrote:

Track 2 is a turd with a cool outro/possible interlude.

I agree that The Blues is the band's best ballad. CITR given the "2001 treatment" would probably blow my mind. Its a lyrical high point for Axl bogged down by subpar music.

The 1997-99 versions of the band were up shit creek without a paddle.

Out of all the leaks, I would put these songs on the album as is....

Riyadh
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Better
There Was a Time
If the World

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I can't believe how divided people are on these new tracks. Track 2 is light years ahead of ITW and Rhiad, it was my favourite of the 3 when I first heard them and gets better upon each listen. I find ITW very bland and just weird to be honest, it's the Just Another Sunday of the CD sessions imo. Rhiad's ok, nothing special but I could live with it being on the album.

As for the older leaks, there's very little differences, nothing that really elevates a song to a new level, a tweak here and there doesn't drastically change much. There's still do much damn synth in Better, it needs to be toned down and the guitars turned up and you've got a hit. General rock fans will pan it if it comes out ruined by fart sounds and bubbles.

James

James wrote:

Listen to 3:24 to 3:32 on IRS. Loud.

Reminds me a bit of "One of These Nights".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I can't believe how divided people are on these new tracks.

I know its crazy isnt it? 5 its cool though its awesome and i understand why axl needs to do it cuz he has such a varied fan base

he should just do what i like though, fuck everyone else 16

James

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I can't believe how divided people are on these new tracks. Track 2 is light years ahead of ITW and Rhiad, it was my favourite of the 3 when I first heard them and gets better upon each listen. I find ITW very bland and just weird to be honest, it's the Just Another Sunday of the CD sessions imo. Rhiad's ok, nothing special but I could live with it being on the album.

As for the older leaks, there's very little differences, nothing that really elevates a song to a new level, a tweak here and there doesn't drastically change much. There's still do much damn synth in Better, it needs to be toned down and the guitars turned up and you've got a hit. General rock fans will pan it if it comes out ruined by fart sounds and bubbles.

I hear alot of differences. I know its just the mix and the songs haven't actually been improved, but you hear things that were not there before.

Been blaring this shit all night and its amazing how you hear all these different textures that weren't heard(or weren't noticed by me) back on the 2006/07 leaks.

When tweaks on IRS are impressing me(one of the weakest songs in my opinion), there are differences.

James

James wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Listen to 3:24 to 3:32 on IRS. Loud.

Reminds me a bit of "One of These Nights".

Also reminds me of Ben Shepard's bass on Soundgarden's "Head Down", towards the end of the track.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The division is just an indication of how shitty the songs really are,  the majority of the "positive" posts about them are only positive because BH is on them.  The reality is that the "depth" that James refers to is just a result of adding shit because there really is no depth to the song itself.  They can't stand on their own, so the result is add enough layers so that nobody notices the songs aren't very good.  It didn't work.

Board footer