You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

Re: Looking for attractive people? Don't go to Philly

BurningHills wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Take the onions off of that, and I'll meet you for lunch.:beer:

Actually, thats on my list of things to do before I die. Go to Philly and eat one of those sandwiches.

Pat's cheesesteaks are amazing, JL.

I'm going to Philly to see The Black Crowes next week, and Pat's is my first stop! big_smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
BurningHills wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Take the onions off of that, and I'll meet you for lunch.:beer:

Actually, thats on my list of things to do before I die. Go to Philly and eat one of those sandwiches.

Pat's cheesesteaks are amazing, JL.

I'm going to Philly to see The Black Crowes next week, and Pat's is my first stop! big_smile

Hell yeah. Pat's is the shit. I love Philly but I do hate their sports' fans. Especially when they show up to Yankee stadium with their Phillies jerseys on. 4

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pride & Glory you're right, because Yankee's & Mets fans are all so civil 16

CC why the harsh words for Philly? Because we booed a fan dressed up as a half-assed Santa Claus who was asked by mgmt to make a lame halftime appearance 40+ years ago during a 2-8 season or whatever? Or cause some stupid morning talk show host brought 30 morons up to NYC to boo them for not taking Ricky Pothead Williams over McNabb. Or cause we're not a bunch of crybaby Red Sox fans who whine every year that the Sox hadn't won a World Series in 86 seasons, meanwhile we've gone almost 100 seasons among 4 sports without winning (24 years, 4 teams).

This city has 2 sports talk radio stations, and one of the first 24 hour local sports TV network for 10 years now (The company later started this up in Chicago, Boston, San Fran & Balt). It's a tough city to play in, but play hard & you get mad respect. Jaworski, Bobby Clarke, Dr J are legends here. Even Mitch Williams (gave up a walk off homer to Joe Carter in World Series) does post game commentary and fans forgave him. Michael Irvin, Emmitt, & Aikman still gets booed (respectful now). Even Iverson earned mad respect for what he did.  Lindros is questionable, because something wierd must have happened with him behind the scenes, that or Scott Stevens ended his career with that hit. I'm still not sure.

As to the OP, it's not a huge deal. I like reading surveys & rankings like this, to see where we fit in. This one seems pretty accurate overall. But it didn't make any news here, as I said before, the obesity survey a while back did.

BH enjoy your cheesesteak!! I haven't been to Pat's for a while now, but yeah they kick ass.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

We are civil to each other at least. The last time I was at a game two fans were decked out in Phillies gear and my whole section started to point at them and chant "assholes" and some got thrown out for throwing peanuts at them.:lol:

For the record I met a few ladies who were damn good looking from Philly..

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Thanks, yeah we have some hotties.

Anyway, I can't stand fans who get upset when they wear the AWAY teams jersey & get the "Asshole" chant?!   It's only a chant, if they ready to fight over it that's another story. But if I go to NY or Dallas or wherever wearing an Eagles or Phillies  or Flyers jersey, I'd EXPECT to get that chant!

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lindros is questionable, because something wierd must have happened with him behind the scenes, that or Scott Stevens ended his career with that hit. I'm still not sure.

Due to the circumstaces he got to the flyers in the first place,and his father's whiny attitude thereafter acting as his agent didn't help with Bobbly Clarke at the time.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
the dirt wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Lindros is questionable, because something wierd must have happened with him behind the scenes, that or Scott Stevens ended his career with that hit. I'm still not sure.

Due to the circumstaces he got to the flyers in the first place,and his father's whiny attitude thereafter acting as his agent didn't help with Bobbly Clarke at the time.

Absolutely. His Dad being his agent was a huge mistake.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lindros is a fucking idiot.....i was excited for him to join the NHL when he was in juniors but by the time the draft came his brain fell out of his head

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lindros is a fucking idiot.....i was excited for him to join the NHL when he was in juniors but by the time the draft came his brain fell out of his head

And well, his brain fell out of his head about 15 times since... 17 Oh no, another concussion!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yea, the Flyers organization is the evil-est in the NHL and has been my whole life. Briere and Biron deserve better. Forsberg did too.

Board footer