You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Looking for attractive people? Don't go to Philly

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.

The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favourite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine.

For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit.

"We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

"The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

Philadelphians' self-esteem has been undermined by national surveys showing they are among the fattest people in the United States. The American Obesity Association ranked the city in the top 10 for overweight people every year between 2000 and 2005.

And sporting pride in a city known for the fierce loyalty of its fans has been hurt by not having had a national champion in any of its four main sports since the 76ers won the National Basketball Association title in 1983.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071019/od_ … nWSbbtiBIF

For those that live in Philly, does something like this piss you off or you could care less?

If New York or Long Island was in this position, I'd say I really could care less.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wasn't Will Smith from Philly? He had something going on.

(goes off to look in mirror and question own sexuality)

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Yep, West Philadelphia, born n raised. ^

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wahhhhhhhhhh Philadelphia was ranked last. Wahhhhhhhhhhh San Diego & Miami people are prettier than us, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

These surveys are useless, and only self effacing people from higher ranked cities care about it ('Yeahhh, we're the most attractive'). The Most Overweight City survey did become a little bit of a big deal here, mainly because I'm not very surprised,  there are some obese people around on a daily basis. But most/least attractive, that's just stupid & ignorant.  I'd like to see how those cities rank in "shopping, food, culture, and cityscape".  Aside from cubans there is no culture or cityscape in Miami. There's not really an economy, it's just old people  & ex-New Yorkers who move down for the nicer weather.

I stay here not for the "unattractive" people (It's Philly, we love the underdog) but for the reasons it ranked high, affordability (7th, next big city, Chicago at 13) dining (5th) & mostly my friends & family are here. It's a hard working, blue collar, democratic city. You want nice resturants, a house for 200k or rent for $800, move here. You want to eat at Applebee's or Houlihans for a night out, or spend astromical amounts to live in San Diego with the pretty people, by all means do so. Enjoy your Pizza Hut.

Besides, I can eat one of these any time I feel like it.

P1010001.jpg

muah!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

what the hell is that? 16

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

damn, that's one ugly sandwich. 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Well their sports fans are the worst, that's for sure.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Well their sports fans are the worst, that's for sure.

Uhhhhh, WRONG! 4

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Their bums. Angry, irratible, no-good bums who deserve to lose forever.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

P1010001.jpg

Take the onions off of that, and I'll meet you for lunch.:beer:

Actually, thats on my list of things to do before I die. Go to Philly and eat one of those sandwiches.

Board footer