You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Sorum says GNR reunion will happen "eventually," but without him.

bazgnr wrote:

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that so many people are taking Sorum's words semi-seriously.   Phrases like "I'm sure it will happen *eventually*" and "they COULD be meeting right now" are nothing new from the VR camp, given the inner turmoil and paranoia of the past few years.

And why would Kushner be involved if it were to happen?  I remember the RS article from last year (for AFD's 25th Anniversary) where Kushner basically said, "yeah, if everybody else goes back to their old bands, I'm screwed."

To be honest, the *last* thing I want is another reason to delay the release of Chinese Democracy, even if that includes the possibility of a reunion.  I'm happy with the GNR of the here and now.

But the GN'R of here and now isn't the GN'R that did CD... it's not 01, it's not 02, it's not even 06 GN'R...

Axl, Dizzy, Pitman, Frank, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson ... it's as unreal to CD as newGN'R is to old GN'R if you ask me. I'll take a re-union.

nugdafied wrote:

Well no shit Sorum! If you were in it, it wouldn't be a GNR reunion. GNR is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, & Adler.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

eat your heart out finck fortus bbf & bh 21

i think sorum is being modest for once...he'll be the drummer for a reunion for sure

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
Communist China wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that so many people are taking Sorum's words semi-seriously.   Phrases like "I'm sure it will happen *eventually*" and "they COULD be meeting right now" are nothing new from the VR camp, given the inner turmoil and paranoia of the past few years.

And why would Kushner be involved if it were to happen?  I remember the RS article from last year (for AFD's 25th Anniversary) where Kushner basically said, "yeah, if everybody else goes back to their old bands, I'm screwed."

To be honest, the *last* thing I want is another reason to delay the release of Chinese Democracy, even if that includes the possibility of a reunion.  I'm happy with the GNR of the here and now.

But the GN'R of here and now isn't the GN'R that did CD... it's not 01, it's not 02, it's not even 06 GN'R...

Axl, Dizzy, Pitman, Frank, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson ... it's as unreal to CD as newGN'R is to old GN'R if you ask me. I'll take a re-union.

Point made.  I still see it differently, I suppose, simply because I want a new GNR album in my hands.   You're right, the current GNR isn't the group that recorded every note of CD, but the *current* members have been involved in the recording of the new album(s) to one extent or another.  At a bare minimum, any truth to these never-ending reunion rumors would only mean the shelving of CD material, re-writing, recording, etc.   It's maddening to even think about right now.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well, seems like he's trying to outdo BH.  16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Slash doesn't have to aim at others to make great music. He just uses his own drive and emotion and pulls out great stuff - on a solo he wrote 20 years ago, in this case.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Slash doesn't have to aim at others to make great music. He just uses his own drive and emotion and pulls out great stuff - on a solo he wrote 20 years ago, in this case.

It was a joke.  16

I liked it better than BH's anyway.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like he's just shredding to me. Where's the soul of the solo? Where's the emotion? He's soulless. Sounds like a robot.

Sound familiar? Now, try to adequately answer all those questions.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like he's just shredding to me. Where's the soul of the solo? Where's the emotion? He's soulless. Sounds like a robot.

Sound familiar? Now, try to adequately answer all those questions.

16  Karma for that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Personally I think the more sorum rules himself out of a reunion the more liekly he is to be the drummer. Being up there going "I'm the GNR drummer" like the media did when they made VR, and making reunion comments would only make axl less likely to want him as the drummer.

Board footer