You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: Awesome photos from 2001 lineup

bazgnr wrote:

I'm sorry I missed this lineup, too.  I have to admit, though, I *really* can't stand Robin's look from this era...

sic. wrote:

The Joint, Las Vegas on December 30th & 31st, 2001.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/RJP/thumbs/12.jpghttp://i26.tinypic.com/28vd9xv.jpg

Notice that Axl's current style in hair and clothing basically goes back to these shows. Back then, his hair was only slightly longer and kept open.

You can always tell where these pics are from by his hair it looked great in this show as did his whole presence, not that he doesn't look great now, just saying.  I love the way he looks now as well.  I call the long braids and the sports jerseys as the lost years for Axl's look 16

I never noticed that Pitman was wearing a mask before.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I've never understood why he went throught he big change from 01 to 02. He looked like an older Axl in 01, still relatively young and good looking, but then in 02 he looked like he belonged in a circus. Thankfully 06-07-08 he looks much better.

I remember seeing these last year.

It's too bad that they're so small, though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

It's too bad that they're so small, though.

Size queen.....

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

axl looks like dizzy 06 in some of those lol

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Communist China wrote:

Thankfully 06-07-08 he looks much better.

Well we haven't seen any pics of the redhead since atleast July 2007. Not saying he's changed his look, but his hair has probably gotten longer, judging by how long it was during the 2007 tour. Holy shit, I'm talking about Axl's hair, ahhhh! 17

James

James wrote:

This lineup is still responsible for the best performance of Madagascar.

Watch and listen from 3:08 to 4:23.

Pure magic.

for comparison purposes.....

Inland Invasion 2006....

3:07 to 4:28

James

James wrote:

*bump*

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I've never really listened to 2006 boots very closely, but I have to say that solo is pretty ghastly. Bucket's, to me, always lend a bittersweet, melancholy feel to go along with those quotes. I thought they matched perfectly. This version, is it Fortus?, just seems like a poor imitation. Now that we have the studio version, that makes Fortus' version even more peculiar.

As far as the photos, I love the ones of Bucket in the flannel and apron. That was the last days of that particular look. Just like after 2002, the yellow raincoat has virtually disappeared.

Board footer