You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

sic. wrote:

IRS: A+
Better: A
TWAT: A-

CD: B+
If the World: B+
The Blues: B+
Track #2: B

Rhiad: C+
Maddy: C

Overall, I'd call that a very positive review.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

off topic but since this is the busiest thread...........

apparently umg has asked youtube to remove certain gnr clips, including checkmate, citing infringement.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If nothing else, the name of the record should be changed.

That may have to seriously be taken into consideration. Especially if this album might be released this year. Like I mentioned earlier, Time(and other magazines) don't do double reviews. You get one shot at their judgment and then its on to the next thing.

James

James wrote:
war wrote:

apparently umg has asked youtube to remove certain gnr clips, including checkmate, citing infringement.

GNR is copyrighted. They're gonna remove real and fake shit attached to their name on those types of sites.

James

James wrote:
sic. wrote:

IRS: A+
Better: A
TWAT: A-

CD: B+
If the World: B+
The Blues: B+
Track #2: B

Rhiad: C+
Maddy: C

Overall, I'd call that a very positive review.

Its a good review, but the gates of hell have been opened, and the devil isn't closing them anytime soon.

war

war wrote:

and if it's a legit trilogy set for incrimental releases hmm

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

IRS taking top grade.. I like. And I may be the only one. Where's jim bob when you need him.

Interesting idea James.. I do think that some of these songs won't be on the record that is released. I also think that these versions might not be the ones on the record as well. Going by the rumored amount of material Axl has the album if still called Chinese Democracy could look a lot different. I don't know about Time but other magazines will review the album once it is officially released. There would be no reason not too. These are leaks and are not final products IMO. Once the album comes out every music magazine and even some non music magazines will review it. It's stupid too think otherwise just because songs leaked, which happen all the time and albums still get reviewed when they are released.

war

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

GNR is copyrighted. They're gonna remove real and fake shit attached to their name on those types of sites.

but i think this is the first time umg/geffen has asked them to take clips down

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This is actually a great chance to prove you do have a trilogy lined up. Don't release any of these songs. Pick the best 12-14 that aren't these and put them out. These can be released in smaller bits of finished quality later, when there's less pressure.

If he has the material, would be a great strategy imo. But of course we all know that's not the case.

James

James wrote:

Magazines don't review demos and then review the final album. There's not enough space to do so. Yeah this album is "mythical", but when it comes to placing information in the coveted spots of a magazine, things already talked about take a major backseat.

Sure, music mags may try to squeeze in a tiny review, but the big dogs like Time, People, Playboy, etc. aren't going to bother.

Board footer