You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

IRS taking top grade.. I like. And I may be the only one. Where's jim bob when you need him.

yeah i think IRS is the best song...good to see it get a bit of recognition here

and its gonna be voted off first in the elimination thread 17

pretty crazy for Time to review it yikes

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Whether Time review the real thing or not that's a pretty good review and will send people the world over to p2p sites. I too think when the album gets released it'll be reviewed again, magazines don't like to miss a slice of hype, if there's buzz around the CD release they'll make sure they include an article or review on it.

If all these 9 tracks were set for the album I think GNR's at least got to change a few of those now. If it's a 13 track album there's still 4 unheard, if 3 of the 9 we know are dropped and put on albums 2 or 3 and 3 songs lifted from those albums and put on CD you've then got over half of CD unheard again.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Why pretend that this is really the ultimatum for GNR? Weirder things have happened. When the actual record comes out Time will review it again even if Geffen/Universal have to pay them to do so.

I know we all want a statement or the album, but this doesn't prove these are not demos and it definitely won't make Axl put it out at a certain time if he wasn't already planning on doing so. Not in the least.

So while it's interesting, people are getting carried away. Time magazine included..

Carried away?? Al Capone's vault has just been opened.

This album has left the realm of fantasy and entered what is known as reality. Doesn't matter if it doesn't include the ten thousandth version of IRS. No one cares. Its enough music for an album and is being considered as such.

Just because it's an album worth of music doesn't mean it should be judged as an album of finished music. I could upload the UYI demos. Is that the same as UYI1&2? You and the press (and I) aren't listening to the final product at all. You can hear it in the songs. It's not the "ten thousandth version of IRS" that were missing, its the finished version that's missing.

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

these deoms are more advanced than the UYI demos

but i agree they are demos...the mixing is a mess, but i think all the tracks are there, they just need to be mixed properly

of course we know that fortus, bbf and frank at least have added stuff in the past 6 years so i'm sure that the songs have changed somewhat

i think Catcher will be on the album if tommy and dizzy are to be beleived (It was reported even axl said as much on the trunk interview) so that means only 3 tracks areunheard as of yet. Sorry and apparently prostitute (according to Dave2k's sources) are still out there which are both described as rockers...that leaves one more track

oklahoma
this i love
Seven
Leave Me Alone
General
Thyme
Ides of March

one of the bunch is prolly song 2 (except its not "this i love" which apparently has Patti Hood on Harp)

but that list would seem to be the strongest candidates for the final track, though baz claimed that General would be on a future album in a recent interview

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Just because it's an album worth of music doesn't mean it should be judged as an album of finished music. I could upload the UYI demos. Is that the same as UYI1&2?

A certain percentage would proclaim those demos better than the finished product.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what version of the album it is. This saga went on so long and the hand overplayed that the nanosecond the media grabbed enough songs to judge they start writing up their reviews and naming it Chinese Democracy.

You're also not getting the fact its going to be seen by millions of people this week. Hmm, no album in stores. Guess where they go?

Uni has to be shitting themselves. There's potentially going to be around 3 million  downloading this "album" in the next few days. Do you think Joe Blow is gonna wait until a BBF/Frank demo leaks or Uni and Axl mindmeld long enough for a release date?

This train has left the station....

you on board?

or is it still unicorns and santa claus?

Sky Dog wrote:

it is also VERY good free publicity.;)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

it is also VERY good free publicity.;)

its also a good free download.:thumbup:

Sky Dog wrote:

more free publicity on the video link I provided.....James, not everyone thinks like you! So the kid takes 9 free tracks and likes them....he goes to the concert, buys a lot of beer, and $50 worth of merchandise. You gotta think big picture. The actual album will leak prior to release as well so I really don't think these leaks are a big deal and should be a positive as it forces Axl to do something. 3

Sky Dog wrote:

another point....you sent me the Kala link for free. I liked some songs so I went and bought my daughter 3 tracks from the album for her ipod. That is $3 more dollars in sales that MIA would have never gotten.

Board footer