You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

James wrote:

The Time review will probably be looked back on as the moment that Axl's hand was forced.

These leaks are a big deal. By early next month every major media outlet will have reviewed this album. If Axl/Azoff/Uni doesn't make a decisive move quick, there will be no point in the album ever being released.

On the year end issues, there will be minor blurbs about this album being leaked and how they felt about it.

No one's holding their breath anymore for the so called real thing.

They gotta get this album out within the next few months or the legacy of this record is gonna be on the back of what we're listening to right now.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

This has made it to Sky news? Not long ago people were saying the media wouldn't bat an eyelid when this thing gets released. 9 unreleased 'demos' make it on the net, 4 of which have been available in various forms for over 7 years, and it makes tv news shows and into Time magazine!

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

another point....you sent me the Kala link for free. I liked some songs so I went and bought my daughter 3 tracks from the album for her ipod. That is $3 more dollars in sales that MIA would have never gotten.

Fair point, and thats why I gave that album to just about anyone who would take it.:haha:

However, that album wasn't hyped since 1999.

CD was depending on the casual interest to put it over the top. Casual interest is heading to Pirate Bay to get its fix and see what the big deal was.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

i'm still confused about azoff & gould. They are supposed to be one of the best management teams in the music industry_but fall silent when shit like this happens.
i think these guys have realised they are on a sinking ship & they want out.

it makes me laugh that a few people were saying that azoff & gould are hardened veterans of the industry & won't take any shit , & would move things forward. - we don't even get a statement about 9 leaked tracks? WTF.

fuckinghell, has axl got these guys on a gag contract aswell?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

A certain percentage would proclaim those demos better than the finished product.

Yeah because you've heard the final product right James? If anything you're living in lala hoping that some 6 year old demos will be better than a final 2008(09? 10? lol) mixed mastered product. It's blind faith. It only takes a single listen to these songs to hear the lack of polish, audio depth, and mixing. The music and ideas may be good but no one, not even Bucket is bringing anything to the table that can't be done much better

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what version of the album it is. This saga went on so long and the hand overplayed that the nanosecond the media grabbed enough songs to judge they start writing up their reviews and naming it Chinese Democracy.

It doesn't matter that they are reviewing the demo unreleased product like it is a retail release? When the actual release comes these people will review it and hype it up all over again. Doesn't matter if they already "reviewed" the demos, they'll have to review the final product, and they will.

You're also not getting the fact its going to be seen by millions of people this week. Hmm, no album in stores. Guess where they go?

To download a bunch of demos? Who cares. Where will they go when the actual album is released and reviewed? Some will go buy it, and some will pirate it. The ones who pirate would have done so anyways.

Uni has to be shitting themselves. There's potentially going to be around 3 million  downloading this "album" in the next few days. Do you think Joe Blow is gonna wait until a BBF/Frank demo leaks or Uni and Axl mindmeld long enough for a release date?

Uni probably is shitting themselves as they did send the FBI after some guy. Obviously you don't want people to know what the songs are going to be like demos or not demos. If they can stop a couple more songs from leaking why not? And Joe Blow will wait until there is a retail release whether Buckethead is on it, Bumblefoot is on it, or Axl is banging on some trash can lids on it. The media will hype up the actual release and people will be excited.

This train has left the station....

For the 2001 lineup and it's version of the album? That train left a long time ago James

you on board?

On board for what? I don't even understand what you're suggesting. Release the album that they have now? Clearly it is already different from the demos. the album they have now already does have BBF, Frank and Richard in it. Are you hoping Axl just drops it and goes backwards and releases the 2001 lineup version? Obviously he moved on and thought it wasn't good enough. He already has the 2008 version mixed and most likely mastered... why go back and do the same for some demos from 2002?

So am I on board for releasing the 2001/2002 version of the album unmixed and unmastered and in demo form for the world to judge just because it leaked and some magazines are trying to make it sound like the finished product? No way.

or is it still unicorns and santa claus?

It's common sense and not acting like this is suddenly the true sign to Axl to release some old version of a product which is going to be inferior.

Sometimes I just think you're sitting there and praying to get some version of the album that doesn't exist in finished form and will never be released other than in the demo form we have now. Who is living in lala land now?

The 2008/09/0whatever version is still (imo) probably going to have Buckethead's contributions on it... its going to be mixed well, its going to be better. Why keep pushing for something that isn't going to happen James? When the finished album comes out it will sell just as well as it was going to even if there wasn't some random review in Time magazine (which probably isn't alot of sales either way). I want the best music possible, not the highest sales possible and I don't care if that means ignoring people overreacting to a bunch of clearly unfinished demos

James

James wrote:

Man, you are in for a massive wake up call in the coming weeks/months.

What am I holding on to? You basically rip me a new asshole for "living in la la land hoping for demos to be better", and then you immediately turn around and say the 08 album that you never heard is "going to be better"??

Thats the fantasy land shit I'm talking about. How do you know its better? You need to send your litmus test to these media outlets so they'll know not to review this thing until all is right in the world.

Also, post some links here from media outlets that review demos and then the final product. Would be some good reading.

My "on board" comment wasn't meant in the Stinson way. This album isn't a myth anymore. The magic is gone. There's tangible proof of its existence and it just so happens to be enough for an album. The media isn't going to wait to hear the BBF mixes and live in forum fantasy land thinking "we better not review this. ten thousand nerds on the internet say the next version is better."

The album finally made its way in to reality, and the entire fanbase response as a whole is quite amusing.

James

James wrote:

One other thing.....

how can it be better than "mind blowing" and "earth shattering"?

Thats band members descriptions of the 2000-04 sessions.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What am I holding on to? You basically rip me a new asshole for "living in la la land hoping for demos to be better", and then you immediately turn around and say the 08 album that you never heard is "going to be better"??

Thats the fantasy land shit I'm talking about. How do you know its better? You need to send your litmus test to these media outlets so they'll know not to review this thing until all is right in the world.

Also, post some links here from media outlets that review demos and then the final product. Would be some good reading.

My "on board" comment wasn't meant in the Stinson way. This album isn't a myth anymore. The magic is gone. There's tangible proof of its existence and it just so happens to be enough for an album. The media isn't going to wait to hear the BBF mixes and live in forum fantasy land thinking "we better not review this. ten thousand nerds on the internet say the next version is better."

The album finally made its way in to reality, and the entire fanbase response as a whole is quite amusing.

We'll see what happens and if I am wrong and something hits me in the next couple of months I promise I'll be the first to let you know I was wrong. This is just my honest opinion. Sorry for the tone however, you could be right and I enjoy reading your opinions as they are valid, I didn't mean to be an asshole.

James

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We'll see what happens and if I am wrong and something hits me in the next couple of months I promise I'll be the first to let you know I was wrong. This is just my honest opinion. Sorry for the tone however, you could be right and I enjoy reading your opinions as they are valid, I didn't mean to be an asshole.

I might have been a bit harsh in that post. Wasn't trying to talk down to you or anything, its just the fanbase(as a whole) is a bit puzzling at the time. I think people(including myself) are coming to terms with the direction this album went in(judging these "demos"), and at the same time the media is clearly ready to write the final chapter on this and move on whether Axl or his ever loyal fanbase is ready or not.

Its a lot to take in at once for a fanbase used to nothing.

If I told you three weeks ago that nine Chinese Democracy songs would be online and Time Magazine would be reviewing the album, you would have thought I was nuts.

The final chapter to this saga is being written. I just think people should take it for what it is and all the pipe dream scenarios pushed to the back burner. The myth isn't going to be born again because these aren't final mixes with Bumblefoot in a record store.

This is the biggest thing to happen in the post 93 era, and most don't seem to be grasping it.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, by your posts though, it is hard to tell if you view the leaks as a negative or a positive. I believe it is a positive as it truly is shit or get off the pot time. Regardless of whether you like the music or not, forget about that, we are close to looking at closure and that is a good thing.:thumbup:

Board footer