You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: Time Magazine considers the leaks Chinese Democracy

-Jack- wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, by your posts though, it is hard to tell if you view the leaks as a negative or a positive. I believe it is a positive as it truly is shit or get off the pot time. Regardless of whether you like the music or not, forget about that, we are close to looking at closure and that is a good thing.:thumbup:

Pretty sure he looks at it as a positive (as most people should imo) because it will force something from GNR.

I think we just disagree on what will be forced out.

Here's to hoping the saga is almost over...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, by your posts though, it is hard to tell if you view the leaks as a negative or a positive. I believe it is a positive as it truly is shit or get off the pot time. Regardless of whether you like the music or not, forget about that, we are close to looking at closure and that is a good thing.:thumbup:

I actually take that as a major compliment. You see the comments as neutral and took it for what it was meant as without using the "nutswinger" or "whiner" shades.:thumbup:

I agree. Closure is good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
axlgod wrote:

i'm still confused about azoff & gould. They are supposed to be one of the best management teams in the music industry_but fall silent when shit like this happens.
i think these guys have realised they are on a sinking ship & they want out.

it makes me laugh that a few people were saying that azoff & gould are hardened veterans of the industry & won't take any shit , & would move things forward. - we don't even get a statement about 9 leaked tracks? WTF.

fuckinghell, has axl got these guys on a gag contract aswell?

I've said this since the nanosecond after they were hired.........................

They didn't sign on for Chinese Democracy.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

I don't know. I mean, we've been here before with leaks getting out and magazines reviewing them and pestering about the album and such. On the other hand, this is TIME magazine. This is a well-respected magazine reviewing something that GNR fans have been waiting a very long time for. The press has jumped on board before, got tired of waiting, and everything went quiet again. So here we are, again, with different versions of songs and new ones we haven't heard yet. And the media jumps all over it, again. And we sit and wait for Axl and Universal and whoever else to say something about the songs. In the meantime things roll along and the songs get reviewed and passed around. *sigh* James, I admire you're conviction. You're exactly how I used to be, how I still want to be. I have spent so much time hoping and wondering and getting all excited. Do I hope this is what pushes Chinese Democracy to be released? Absolutely. Do I think it will happen? I don't know anymore. I always said I would never give up, that I would stand by Axl and GNR til the bitter end. But having stuff like this happen and not hear ANYTHING makes me very disheartened and sad.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool review. He gave pretty high ratings IMHO but whatever, it's his opinion. Pretty funny the way it was written 'haning out with the cool kids smoking in the woods now'

I have to say overall the reviews of the songs are excellent coming from Time Magazine and not even a megafan of the band and not the released songs.  5

I would imagine this is definitely going to hurt the album now, what's left to release IF all these songs are on it, most people have it and it's getting reviewed already to boot BUT on the flipside, maybe GNR will consider changing their whole plan [if the plan was to have these on the album]  and most of the album be different songs due to this situation.   I have to say even though it's taken so long for this album to come out thus causing this to happen, I still sorta feel bad that this is happening to them.   I know I am a softy smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Its sux for the band.  The longer you "wait" the more likely shit like this happens.  If you wait forever to attack someone, one day they will just attack your ass.

James Lofton wrote:

Sure, music mags may try to squeeze in a tiny review, but the big dogs like Time, People, Playboy, etc. aren't going to bother.

Somehow, if you come across that quote after the album's released, I think you're going to feel kind of silly.

There's a lot of paranoia running through this thread. I think Jack's answered most of it though. I will say that it's a pretty funny review, but I *do* feel sorry for GNR right now. I'm sure everything we've heard about Axl being a perfectionist is pretty close to the truth. Even so, everyone knows something else has been holding this thing up for awhile now. And it has to be hard to watch the most highly circulated magazines on the planet reviewing your unfinished work like it's the final product.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I love the bit about the FBI raiding the guys house for sources of the leak.

Hopefully they filmed it for the first video or the documentary

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm not really a Time Magazine reader at all...i think i bought it once when StarWars Episode 1 came out cut it was dedicated to the Starwars saga....but is it normal for them to review pop culture stuff like this? I just wonder if they were paid specifically to review the demos otherwise why would a guy who self-admittedly isnt even a gnr fan...infact he kind of comes off as he dispised them as a kid hmm

is this some kind of marketing stunt?

Board footer