You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rolling Stone has "Guide To The Leaks"

James wrote:

I remember how they said the 06 leaks were better than Velvet Revolver. Thats not praise. It was just stating the obvious.

Sky Dog wrote:

For the 300000000th time, Gnr has always been supported by Rolling Stone.....the majority of stuff written over the last 20 years has been very positive. Of course, they have a few negative moments but you can't always be on the take!:haha:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

For dial up users that hate the load times of RS....

Thanks Lofton!
It is odd that they don't review any of the other leaks and VERY odd they find Riyadh to be similar to You Could Be Mine. Is it just me?  I don't see it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Thanks Lofton!
It is odd that they don't review any of the other leaks and VERY odd they find Riyadh to be similar to You Could Be Mine. Is it just me?  I don't see it.

Not you at all. It's a highly retarded comparison. The songs are nothing alike at all. Maybe he didn't even hear it and just guessed.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

In the back of the magazine, towards the end of the reviews section, is the "Downloads" page, where every month, any form of downloadable music is reviewed.  Not only are the "Must Have" downlaod(s) of the month the Chinese Democracy links, but - even better - they are reviewed by David Fricke:

"Three big, dark, snarling new songs from the longest-awaited album ever."

"'Chinese Democracy is nearly here - based on these nine tracks, reportedly in final mastered form - and its deeply weird, in epic-reach and fuck-your-expectation ways that make me want to hear the whole thing pronto, in something better than this pinched-digital fidelity.  Of the new songs, "Rhiad and the Bedouins" is the closest to the snarling-guitar rumpus of Appetite for Destruction.  "If the World" and a third, untitled number are - like the previously leaked "There Was a Time" - midtempo, big production orgies, the former with a dusky Seventies-R&B flair, the latter cresting in an hammering chorus with singer Axl Rose at the peak of his shriek.  The effect is bleak and brawling, like Elton John's Madman Across the Water reset in a ravaged hard-rock Hollywood."    - David Fricke

Sky Dog wrote:

God Bless David Fricke.....always liked him!:beer:

Sky Dog wrote:

DCK, the only thing I hear in Riyadh that is close to YCBM is the drumming and the dualing rhythm guitars....especially right at the beginning...first 30 seconds....it is kinda similar.:P

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

For dial up users that hate the load times of RS....

Thanks Lofton!

To add on to what madagas said above, which I agree with, Axl seems to have a "YCBM"-like voice on this song.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

God Bless David Fricke.....always liked him!:beer:

Agreed.  I love to read what the press has to say about the leaks, but I have no idea who any of these people are doing the reviews.   I'm glad someone like Fricke weighed in.

Sky Dog wrote:

he really has a great sense of rock history

Board footer